Sign in to follow this  

cheap pit bike for my kids

Have a son(10 years old used to race) and a daughter (9 years old never rode but wants to start). Are the 90 and up to fast for the kids or can they grow into it. they don't want to race. Just want to play ride on our track. Plus dad can try it out once in a while when Im wore out from my yz450f. Ive been checking out the ssr bikes. Would the 90 be a good starting point. thanks

Have a son(10 years old used to race) and a daughter (9 years old never rode but wants to start). Are the 90 and up to fast for the kids or can they grow into it. they don't want to race. Just want to play ride on our track. Plus dad can try it out once in a while when Im wore out from my yz450f. Ive been checking out the ssr bikes. Would the 90 be a good starting point. thanks

Yep the 90's have got power and are fast for the motor size good starting point!!!

or get CRF50's used plenty fast, powerful & Very Reliable

They 90 would be a good option for your son and for yourself, but may be a bit much for your daughter. It is something she may be able to learn, since it does have a semi-auto trans. The 90 has some pretty good output. I have seen then almost hang with a stock 125cc bike.

thanks for the info guys. Maybe Ill just buy 2. So are they ok out of the box or do I have to upgrade to get a better handling and running bike? Thanks

thanks for the info guys. Maybe Ill just buy 2. So are they ok out of the box or do I have to upgrade to get a better handling and running bike? Thanks

as long as the shippers "handle with care" when it gets shipped to you your good to go out of the crate...

a couple of simple preventive maintance and set-up to preform

1. Change the oil before start up to a Quality (non) Syntetic motorcycle based oil. 10w40 or 20w50

2. Loctite every simple hardware nut and bolt with the blue

3. Heat cycle the motor (2 times) is efficiant enough ( bring to Operating temp and let completely cool)

4. I then change the oil again, and then ride the bike and finnish motor break-in moderate throttle shifts for the take of gas shifting through the gears.

In our experience the SSR90R runs and handles rather well right out of the box. Of course you do need to follow the steps outlines above by Persision50.

Also we offer discounts on multiple bikes.

I can echo what others have posted. I bought an SSR90R from Outlaw for my 10 y/o daughter. Granted, she has been riding quads for about 4 years, but this is her first bike and I am HIGHLY impressed with this machine. Build quality is great (aside from the itemslisted above) and customer service was second to none.