Sign in to follow this  

Alpine Loop Ride 8-13-08 *PICS*

Hey guys made a trip to the alpine loop this week. Crazy views. Rode from Silverton to lake city and back also a lot of side spurs. Did roughly 95 miles on my smoker. Here is just a few pics enjoy!

Picture045.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture023.jpg

I heard that area has some good riding. Great pics!

Southwest part of Colorado.The next day we rode the aspen loop.Not as scenic but better tighter trail deep in the middle of the woods.

Awesome pictures. How much gas do you use on a ride like that? Is that a large capacity fuel tank on your bike?

Yeah I thought it would be a good idea to buy the larger tank. I got the clarke 3.1 gal. Bike did real well on gas. We had about 15 miles to go and i had a little less than a quarter tank. My buds were on quads and we had extra gas. Like I said we did around 95 miles that day.At about the 11000 elevation mark I could feel the bike run a little different. I had to ride the bike at higher rpm's but never to the point where I thought it would stall.

Awesome pics. That one of the creek looks like makeshift damn that broke. Looks like an awesome trip. Thanks for sharing.