DRZ random talley

My reason for the SM was for roads too beat up for my CBR. My SM does fire roads just fine. Finally, the S model as heavy as it is, is just not that comfortable with difficult off road riding. In my opinion, the DRZ does well on the road, but it's nothing like the earlier E's or Ktms or Huskys in the dirt.

Again, my opinion, A 57 hp SM would be kool, a 57 hp S in the dirt could kill you.

Tony

I'm an hour from the Dragon, five minutes from Hellbender NC 28, and lots of other super twisty pavement. Plus the DRZ is already heavy by anyones standards for a DS bike compared to most other dual sports. Also the SM has better suspension stock, and dirt wheels are cheaper than buying SM wheels + big brake kit.

wow so from what you guys have all said is most of you baught it because where you ride is more asphault then anything, i mean i personally have klx400sr and it handles great of the rd and dirt so i have no complaints, aside fromt he fact i love the front forks on the sm :tup:

My DR200SE was only my second off road bike I've

ever owned. It's fun riding some of the little trails,

but at almost 60 years old, I'm not doing any really

heavy duty stuff. I just sold my TLR Sportbike, and

the 200 was a little too small to ride that much on

the road for more then little short trips. Buying the

S or E model didn't even occur to me. The SM is

about everything I've ever wanted, and I couldn't

be happier. In the last year, I only rode my TLR

about 500 miles, I've ridden the SM almost 600

miles since I picked it up last Thursday........

needless to say, I LOVE IT!

Regards Sonny

Simply put, I think the SM is a great street machine. If I was wanting to have the best of both worlds, I wouldn't have sold my DRZ400K.

I just don't desire to ride offroad if I can't go all out, and I feel limited on a compromised tire. If given the choice, I'd rather leave the good street tires on and ride my SM on the backroads AROUND the offroad riding areas ?

That being said, I've been looking for a reasonable priced E rims so I have the option of tearing it up in the woods.....but I'll truck it for any offroading I do

I ride the SM to work all week , and when I am able I will head for the twisties. And as you know there are lots of great roads around here. I used to ride sport bikes but really didn't like the idea of commuting on one and I really don't need and speed for the steets anyways.

Go to a dealer and ask for a test ride , it will impress you. If you like attention you will get that too. ?

since ive been on here ive really noticed that most of the people on this site are buying sm's, can u give me ur reasons for doing so rather then buying a full enduro?
After 20 years of riding all sorts - including MX - I've been riding SMs for the last 5 and love 'em (MX got me into SM) that's why ? .... and now I race SM as well :D

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=64076

But... if you ride off road trails most of the time, then an S or E would be a better bike.

I live in the city, And there is not much offroad left in my area I use to trailer my YZ250 2 hours just to ride it. I also Race (SV650) and Dont really need to go fast on the streets, I did however Embarass 100K worth of sportbikes the other day in the twisty's

Here is a funy pic

080908LRRS429small-1.jpg

8 years ago I was ejcted out of a car this broke my back and was told I would never walk

well I'm walking but not fast and felt strong enef to ride a bike after all those years

I cant jump but with the super suspension found on the SM I can ride for 3 hours or so

and if I ever do dump the bike I can pick it up ( but it hurts like hell )

if I run out of gas pushing it to the station is called "thairapy"