Sign in to follow this  

"Project Pig" coming soon!

While I have been waiting for my pig to return from the shop, I have been checking out some of your bikes. It has gotten me pumped to get mine back. I guess I have to get me some tools and get into this 4 stroke engine stuff. Mostly what I want to do is cosmetic. I'm to old and wanting to do some long trips out, so gas milage is important. I got about 105 before going on reserve before. I want to lower it a little because I am not very tall. I want to put a 4.7 gallon tank on it. Some Baja 8" double headlights on it. Although the seat is pretty comfortable I was wondering if there is any seats that would be better on a long haul trip. I need some new side covers. My boy was riding on back and pushed one side against the muffler. Any other suggestions would be helpful. I need to search and see what Daves mods would do to my gas milage. At least change the jetting to cool it down. So hopefully as long as my motor will be new I might as well do the rest. I am going to order the service manuel for starters. If anybody knows of any other books or videos for a newbie motorhead please let me know. Thanks fella's

Jeez Rich, are you pokin' fun at us older folk?

Jeez Rich, are you pokin' fun at us older folk?

No way man!

O.A.S. is probably IMO the best film ever made!:D

I think of it as required viewing for any motorcyclist.:)

LOL!!!! I actually had a 72 Elsinore 250! Yea Man! We had balls! They were just punched up inside us. 5" rear wheel travel? Oh the memories.

Try riding a 1964 BSA B40. Now that is a man's bike. None of that 5" of travel. But anyway, get a supertrapp for it. While it can restrict it, it is also easily adjustable and has a wonderful sound.

If you are riding on the road at night, those dual eight inch headlights do a great job of lighting things up, but they are race lights. Think of them as high beam only and that's not legal for the road.