Sign in to follow this  

Oil Change Help

I just bought a used crf250R (2005) for my son. The bike is in good condition overall, but I don't really trust the maintainance schedule of the previous owner. The bike did not come with the factory manual to help me through service routines, and as a Yamaha rider myself, I'm not sure what is what. Does anyone know of a thread (yes I have searched) showing engine and transmission oil changes for a CRF250? If not, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have seen the threads re: amounts of oil, but am not sure of the process to replace oil and filter. Again, I come from YZF450 program, which is quite a pain in the A**. Thanks for your help!

Thanks a ton! I've been looking everywhere for a pdf like this. Thumper Talk to the rescue again!

Don't get too excited...these are OWNER'S MANUALS...not Service Manuals.

Yeah, but I just read it cover to cover, and I'm surprised at how complete it is. I've never had an owners manual from Honda since I've never bought a bike new, and I can't believe the amount of info in there. It even shows how to change the piston, I mean that's pretty heavy duty for an owners manual, considering Honda would love you to bring your bike to them whenever it's time to pull the cylinder...don't you think?👍

• Like 1

I agree. They are EXCELLENT owner's manuals. If more people took the time to read them cover to cover as you have done, there would be far fewer problems out there.

If you like them, you'll love the Service Manuals. They are extremely in depth.

Agreed! I've always bought a service manual for every bike I've owned...only to give it to the next owner when I sell it, AND THEN, but another used bike and the previous owner NEVER has a service manual for me 👍 so I have to go spend another fifty bucks for yet another one...I wish EVERYONE would buy a service manual so when I buy a used bike it makes it's way to me:D

Agreed! I've always bought a service manual for every bike I've owned...only to give it to the next owner when I sell it, AND THEN, but another used bike and the previous owner NEVER has a service manual for me :worthy: so I have to go spend another fifty bucks for yet another one...I wish EVERYONE would buy a service manual so when I buy a used bike it makes it's way to me:D

+1:thumbsup: 👍