Sign in to follow this  

KX65 - Is 2.5" of sag good for 76lb rider ?

In addition to title question.....In general, what would max weight and height be for a KX65 for a "non" racer kid

it is perfect :) that is what i run is 2.5 for 70 or so lbs.

even 2.75 is good, anything under 3 is what you are really looking for, do you have lowering links or anything on it? with lowering links you really want to be at 2.5-2.75 with stock links 2.75-3 is preferred.

max height im not sure, ive seen 14yr olds and 6 yr olds all ride 65's if there knees are coming close to the handlebars or they can flat foot and stand way above the seat then its time to move up to a 85,

on the max weight would be about 100lbs or so the ideal weight would be 80 for racing, but for trails etc 100 or even 110 should be ok, but i wouldnt want to see a kid over 100 or so ride one hard, the extra weight can play havoc with the bearings.

max height im not sure, ive seen 14yr olds and 6 yr olds all ride 65's if there knees are coming close to the handlebars or they can flat foot and stand way above the seat then its time to move up to a 85,

on the max weight would be about 100lbs or so the ideal weight would be 80 for racing, but for trails etc 100 or even 110 should be ok, but i wouldnt want to see a kid over 100 or so ride one hard, the extra weight can play havoc with the bearings.

Cool, looks like my kid is ok at 4'8" and 76 lbs. Just bought (on line today) a 12oz flywheel weight, any experiences with them?

Cool, looks like my kid is ok at 4'8" and 76 lbs. Just bought (on line today) a 12oz flywheel weight, any experiences with them?

we dont use one cause we race, but are friends have a 9oz that i put on there 65, and it works great the kid doesnt stall in the corners anymore and he can take corners in third gear he use to have to shift into second to do, a 12oz might be a little heavy, but it should still work great,

FYI only leave the flywheel weight on as little as possible as soon as he gets the hang of the bike take the FWW off unless you are riding very tight woods or trails. and for sure dont use the FWW in the sand, the torq is really hard on them.

we dont use one cause we race, but are friends have a 9oz that i put on there 65, and it works great the kid doesnt stall in the corners anymore and he can take corners in third gear he use to have to shift into second to do, a 12oz might be a little heavy, but it should still work great

Glad you mentioned the 9 oz weight, will post a new topic regarding suggested weight size. Thanks