Sign in to follow this  

05 vs 07 head

Im thinking about making a few upgrades to my stock 05 and Im curious if anyone is using an 07 head on there 05? If so, is it really worth spending money on? Im also thinking about an 08 cam as well. If anyone has any info for me it would be appreciated.

The head will make the bigger difference than the cam if you're just doing one. If you're not going to get it ported, use an '08 head.

And yes, it will bolt right up.

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking about a stock 07 head, faction intake valve kit and an 08r cam. So the stock 08 head is better than the stock 07 head?

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking about a stock 07 head, faction intake valve kit and an 08r cam.

yes, the 06,07,08 heads are way better that the 04, 05 .

i use the 07 head when i am building a national motor . ( i can get more hp out of it )-------but it is harder to ride .

the 08 head is really smooth power and it comes on early and most normal guys like the 08 head .

and i use the 08 cam for either .

:)

Thanks for the info kelstr. I'll go with the 08 stock head, maybe stock valves and springs or aftermarket, and the 08 cam.

Now can you put an 08 head and valves on an 04?
The head will make the bigger difference than the cam if you're just doing one. If you're not going to get it ported, use an '08 head.

And yes, it will bolt right up.

Yes you can use an 08 head on a 04. They will bolt right up.

my question is, my 05 seems to run ruff compared to most of the newer crf's? is it just my bike or are all 05's like this compared to the newer models, i rode my buddies 07 and it felt way smoother and more power now, i kinda rev my bike out? will bolting up the newer head and 08 cam make a signifigant change to my bike?

Let say I put an 07 head and an 08 cam on my 04 what is being done to the motor to cost 1100? dollars. I heard on here not to polish the head for fuel atomization reasons. What else is there that you can do to the head? I keep hearing to use the 08 cam what is it doing to make it so much better than the other cams. Hate to ask really but I just need this cleared up before I spend a bunch of money.

Let say I put an 07 head and an 08 cam on my 04 what is being done to the motor to cost 1100? dollars. I heard on here not to polish the head for fuel atomization reasons. What else is there that you can do to the head? I keep hearing to use the 08 cam what is it doing to make it so much better than the other cams. Hate to ask really but I just need this cleared up before I spend a bunch of money.

have it ported! just a question, what all you doing for 1100? just curious

i think the oem 08 cam has a little higher lift and duration than the 07. The 07 head is worth the money. my 07 rips ill tell you that much. The head design is a lot better than your 04 and I feel that money well spent is better than tryin to save a buck.

BTW Agent thanks for those pics. never knew they changed the head from 06-07 that way.👍

have it ported! just a question, what all you doing for 1100? just curious

I was just going by what I've seen the average person say that it's going to cost them to get there ingine moded. I guess I could be way off. Don't know.

Cam, head, porting I guess.

Your an ingine builder arn't you? What do you think a fella should get for a grand and what kind of HP would it be?