Sign in to follow this  

Waterlogged bike - what next

Today, my bike was stuck in 3 foot of a water mudhole... Hey it didn't look that deep before I decided to run thru it. :) The bike was stuck for about 10 minutes.

Do I need to have the wheel bearings or anything else serviced because of this.

Thanks,

Jack

you will need to change your oil first thing before you ride it. clean your air filter, lube your chain and check your bearings. it may take several oil changes before its completely clean but its worth it.

I just did the same thing with my CRF250X i few weeks ago. The oil will look like a vanilla milkshake. You need to change the oil and transmission oil about 4 or five times until it looks it's normal color. Ride it for about 10 or 15 minutes between changes to help evaporate some water. Change the oil filter on the last oil change. Put just a little Heet or some other water removing additive in the gas tank or even better, drain the tank. Open your crank case breather tube to let the water/oil out. Clean the air filter. Lube anything else as necessary. Check the oil with the dipstick after the next few rides to make sure the color is right. I got all this advise from some very good mechanics. Mine is fine now.

you probably are going to need to pull the carb and clean it out really nice. when i did that my carb was filled with dirty water