Sign in to follow this  

One day!!!

I have been wanting a 650R for years now:banghead: , yet still waiting till I can afford one, which may be sooner than later finally:ride: . I was wondering what years are better than others, I was reading someing about the 00 needing an upgrade on the clutch? But anyways I am going to be looking into getting a used one maybe only a few years old. It will be used for a dual sport and when I feel like taking it on a desert trip.

Thanks for the help.

I think there was a clutch basket problem on 00-02, or maby on all of them. But that doesnt necessarily mean that it needs replacing. I dont think there were any changes in all 7 years, except for the 07's getting smog pumps, and after 02 they got a red and black seat, instead of just red:thumbsup:

Hope it happens for ya soon, you wont regret buying one, i waited almost a year to get one to:ride:

I got to ride Chris Blaze's(I think I got him right) 650R, The nicest bike I had ever ridden, it was like riding a pillow. With way to much power:eek: , oh you can never have to much power. Those giant pencil beam and wide light are perfect. That bike made me want a 650R.

I had an '00 model year, that I put 9300 miles on in 4 years and never had one problem with it. The running joke for model year changes on the 650R is BNG (Bold New Graphics).

I love the old 80,s xl and xr,s with dual carbs,these bikes i find are more powerful then todays bikes.