Sign in to follow this  

Propane Generators

Is anyone using a propane generator. I am looking at a toyhauler with one and was wondering the pro/cons of it. Any thoughts or sugestions...?

Is anyone using a propane generator. I am looking at a toyhauler with one and was wondering the pro/cons of it. Any thoughts or sugestions...?
They run clean and cool. You will never have combustion build up int he chamber, and the oil will remain clean for almost indefinitly. I'd do it, as long as you have a large enough supply tank to accomodate it.

X2

the only down side is they run off of propane, but that really isnt that bad as long as you have propane

I like the idea....... I always figured that if I custom ordered a TH, I'd ask for an LP genset. As long as you have at least (2) 7.5 gal tanks or (3)5 gal tanks, your good for a 4 day trip or maybe more. I don't like to use my heater unless it's lower than 55 deg inside the trailer, more LP for the genset. I say do it. It's also safer to carry extra Lp tanks verses a 5 gal tank of gasoline.

Fuel for thought............:)

You could always carry an extra tank, I usually bring my BBQ'er, plus on the long summer camping trips most people hardly spend any time in the trailer.