Sign in to follow this  

WOW! Capitol Yamaha Sacramento on auburn blvd worst ever!!!

the worst service! Sales person Donnie Griep doesnt know anything about parts, or bikes so it seems. I come in, get a triple clamp carbon cover for my 06 R1, but the package didnt say what year, so i take it to the counter and ask him if this will fit the 06 model or if its for the 07-08, he checked the computer and assured me that it will fit. Me and my girlfriend joked about how retarded it would look if i actually did put it on because it was for a 07-08 clamp.

I go return the thing and tell him that this wont fit and its for an 07-08 model. He says "oh really? it was supposed to fit"... so i asked if there is anything that will fit for my 06 and he said he can order, so ok i ordered. he said he will give me a call in a week to let me know once it comes in... yea this was last week, i asked him about it this week, he said he will let me know next week... common!

Ok so then few days after i go in and i ask for a fender for a 07 YZ450, he didnt have any OEM fenders in so he brings out a acerbis. i ask what year is it for and he says its for the 07. so i buy it and go home.

i dont know how restarted someone has to be or if you need any bike/parts knowledge to work at capital yamaha but this fender was for a 02-05 YZ!!!!! even i noticed the fender inside the packaging being different, i just didnt think much about it..

I avoid capital at all times because donnie there seems to think that everything fits on everything, and i had other issues there before with parts. I live 7 minutes from capitol yamaha and about 20-25 minutes from Roseville yamaha, and i always just get a list of things i need and go to roseville yamaha and get it all at once. I figured since i drive by capital yamaha like everyday, how hard would it be for them to mess up on a little plastic yea? well apparently it doesnt get any easier....

Is Donnie the guy at the parts counter that wears the team Yamaha shirt, and his hair has frosted tips?

I feel the same way about Chico motorsports. They sell every brand but Honda, so Chico is screwed! I ride almost every weekend and am on a limited budget, so any retail business I frequent Im lookin for a small discount. They wont budge unless I join a local club. F that. My friend lied and gets a discount. Ive been going there for almost 20 yrs and the owner has says my name every time I see him. When I first got back into riding I had shops change my tires.

So I go in pick out a tire, take my wheel and tire back to the service area and get quoted $28 to install tire! :banghead: I had been paying $15 to $22 at other places. While Im complaining about the cost a monkey in the service area is hammering on somebodies engine cases violently!:banghead: The guy behind the counter says they charge that much because theyve had problems w pinched tubes and busted beads.:worthy: Im thinking, I have to pay more cuz your guys suck!:ride: Looking around, the service area is frigging dirty and disorganized. :banghead: So Im getting irritated and I say well for that price my rim better not get scratched up(it was already messed up). Wayne says something from the office area and the guy behind counter says they dont want the job. They cant guarantee no scratches. I will never have them work on any bike I own! Still go there though, for KTM parts and thats it! :banghead:

I like Fators in Redding.:)

And Chico Honda.:D

Chad, North Valley Cycles offers a 15 t0 20% discount on all MC parts he sells. Frank ( the owner is a cool guy ) just don't have any work done there. The "mechanic" is not so good. I have purchased a bunch of stuff from him. It is a bicycle shop that sells MC parts. He has a bad ass GS1150. Check him out, he is a viable option last I looked. Other than that my boy John is the parts manager at Chico Honda and he always does right.

I live 7 minutes from capitol yamaha and about 20-25 minutes from Roseville yamaha, and i always just get a list of things i need and go to roseville yamaha and get it all at once.

The drive to Roseville Yamaha is worth it for the EYE CANDY alone! Whoever is the hiring manager over there is my hero, there's always at least 1 or 2 absolute knock outs in there.

• Like 1

All stealerships suck!!!!!!!!!! Go to an indepently owned shop and the services WILL be much better, almost garenteed. I ride an ancient (2001) bike... Why would they want to talk to me... Why would they stock XR parts, They make CRF's...

Chad, North Valley Cycles offers a 15 t0 20% discount on all MC parts he sells. Frank ( the owner is a cool guy ) just don't have any work done there. The "mechanic" is not so good. I have purchased a bunch of stuff from him. It is a bicycle shop that sells MC parts. He has a bad ass GS1150. Check him out, he is a viable option last I looked. Other than that my boy John is the parts manager at Chico Honda and he always does right.

Have you had problems with the mechanic? I buy a lot of stuff from Frank most of the time his prices are the same or cheaper than online. Only problem is he isn't open 24/7 like online shops. Very fair guy.

This thread is lame. IMO, someone should delete it.

First off, sorry Nick, but it appears you're all upset because both of you could not figure out the right part. This happens and it is absolutely no reason to publicly slam the guy and the shop. You're just as at fault as the shop representative.

Chad, if you're not happy about not receiving a discount then you should pick another sport. It's silly that you'd expect a discount, and even crazier that you'd publicly express it.

About the tire change, if I ran a shop, I'd probably charge at least that much. Shop rates should be in the ballpark of $80 an hour. A tire change should be at about .5 of an hour. That makes the charge 40 bucks. IMO, you're getting a deal at $28 and the shop is probably loosing money on the service.

You know how to remedy that situation? Change the tires on your own. I've never once paid someone to change my tires, ...and hell, I use bib-mousse tubes front and rear. It's not that difficult.

What gets me about this thread, and the one BigBob started about another reputable shop, is that you all don't really know what's going on. You all don't know how passionate the folks in the shops are. You all don't know how expensive it is to run such an operation. ..and you all don't know how tough it is to find GREAT help.

If you've got an issue with the shop then try to resolve it with them first before coming on to this board and publicly slamming them. If you get a discount then consider it a privilege and not a right. ....and dammit, learn how to change your own tires!!

• Like 1

Dude you're problem is you bought a yamaha. :) just kidding. Yes I find the folks at Roseville Yamaha to be a good bunch. My wife and I shop there.

Find a great shop and travel to it is my advice.

ya know I found the best kayak store in Rocklin. Great professional help.

http://www.penguinpaddlers.com/

two other stores are closer but I shop at the paddlers for the great professional listening help and the best kayaks in the world.

and for all my dirt bike sales and parts, I go to

http://www.motoxotica.com/

same direct shop owner personal service and great products

First off, sorry Nick, but it appears you're all upset because both of you could not figure out the right part. This happens and it is absolutely no reason to publicly slam the guy and the shop. You're just as at fault as the shop representative.

Chad, if you're not happy about not receiving a discount then you should pick another sport. It's silly that you'd expect a discount, and even crazier that you'd publicly express it.

About the tire change, if I ran a shop, I'd probably charge at least that much. Shop rates should be in the ballpark of $80 an hour. A tire change should be at about .5 of an hour. That makes the charge 40 bucks. IMO, you're getting a deal at $28 and the shop is probably loosing money on the service.

You know how to remedy that situation? Change the tires on your own. I've never once paid someone to change my tires, ...and hell, I use bib-mousse tubes front and rear. It's not that difficult.

What gets me about this thread, and the one BigBob started about another reputable shop, is that you all don't really know what's going on. You all don't know how passionate the folks in the shops are. You all don't know how expensive it is to run such an operation. ..and you all don't know how tough it is to find GREAT help.

If you've got an issue with the shop then try to resolve it with them first before coming on to this board and publicly slamming them. If you get a discount then consider it a privilege and not a right. ....and dammit, learn how to change your own tires!!

I agree, and props for sticking up for the local shop,but,when you go into a professional shop you expect professional help.The guy behind the counter should know what he's talking about and if he doesn't,then he should find out for you.Being sent home w/ the wrong parts shouldn't happen!On the other hand,bashing a shop on a website like this one shouldn't happen either.:)

I know how he feels. I love going to the local shop... until I have to interact with someone. Usually, they are all surfing the internet, and are very slow to react to me standing in front of them. Then, they always have the same answer: "yeah, I can order it... it'll be two weeks". I can get it quicker than that online, and don't have to drive 20 miles to come here again.

Around here, they all seem to have this "bad boy" "who do you think you are to talk to me" attitude. :)

When entering a dealership shop my first question to the employee..."Do you ride?" would'nt believe how many say no... Now ask the same question in a independent shop, all say yes...Try it.

FYI Don't ever mention "custom" or "modded" while in a dealership, that really ****s them up

I've got to hand it to Roseville Yamaha. I've had nothing but great service at the parts counter. I've gone to several other Yamaha dealers and often find the person behind the counter is inexperienced and gives me the deer in the headlight look when I inquire about replacing whatever I just broke on the bike. And I break all my toys, then I fix 'em, then I break 'em again.

I also hear "we can order it". Well, if I wanted to wait for It I would have ordered it online, got it cheaper and no sales tax. Plus I wouldn't burn any gas driving to pick it up.

It's been my experience so far that Roseville Yamaha has it in stock and they know what you're talking about. There have been several times where I broke the bike and needed parts today so I could ride tomorrow and Roseville had the parts in stock.:)

I quit going to shops about 3 or 4 years ago.

I was in the market for a new bike and since I was driving by a Yamaha dealership, I decided to stop in and see what their new YZ450 was selling for.

I asked the salesman if he had any YZ450s and his reply was, "I don't think so. We don't usually stock snowmobiles."

:)

You cannot get good service these days. Which is very ironic (or moronic) considering that is all our high schools are able to produce these days.

I brought a freshly powder-coated frame in to have bearing races pressed into the head set. I told the guy, "Whatever you do, DO NOT scratch the frame." I come back a week later and guess what, yea, a big deep scratch in the down tube. UN-be-F'in-lievable! And, they were going to pass it off to me without telling me. I picked it up off the counter, turned it over once, and said, "How did the scratch get there?" Again, UN-be..... Check everything; your parts, your bill, everything.

no, it's not lame. He's a dissatisfied consumer, and has the right to express himself.

you gotta be kidding about "both of them not finding the part", the customer is not expected to find the part, the customer service guy is expected to find it. We know it happens, but it shouldn't happen with the frequency that it does these days. The customer is absolutely not at fault for being sold the wrong part.

as for the discount, it all depends on the dealer and who he knows there. it's pretty much a hit/miss situation. no big deal.

Dealer owners may be passionate about their business and the sport, but a lot of the customer service reps don't these days.(notice I said "a lot", not "all"). If they were passionate about their job, they would not mess up so much. Most businesses are expensive to run, specially in the current economy. You're absolutely right about how hard it is to find GREAT help, that's the whole reason the OP was complaining, because he got TERRIBLE help. Good business managers should be able to detect bad performance from their employees, not wait until 20 people complain about bad service. By the way, have you forgotten about freedom of speech and press? The OP is free to express his feelings about his experience at the dealer. Lots of people come to the board to express positive and negative feedback on businesses, it helps to steer others clear of bad service.

Chico motorsports sucks! Say what you want about not slamming dealerships on the internet. I dont care and I dont understand your point of veiw. They suck they suck they suck. I wouldnt send my worst enemy in there w out cautioning them first. Or maybe everyone should find out the hard way?

And I change all my tires now. And no it isnt hard. My bike is serviced by Chad. I like it that way. No monkey, but this monkey, is touching my bike! Suspension needs servicing, huh?

Jeremy and other N Valley Bicycle fans, have you ever ordered something from Frank and come in to pick it up, only to have him ask for more money?

Frankfurter and I have history. I dont care for him.

I like Chico Honda!👍

I like Fators in Redding!:worthy: