Green Valley area on fire....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the smoke yesterday and was wondering what was happening. now I know.

yesterday? where were you looking? this one started today around noon.

They've got an awesome handle on it so far. From my house I can only see a bit of smoke now. I was seeing flames coming down the ridge towards Green Valley. It's looking good so far.

yesterday? where were you looking? this one started today around noon.

They've got an awesome handle on it so far. From my house I can only see a bit of smoke now. I was seeing flames coming down the ridge towards Green Valley. It's looking good so far.

Hmmm...I guess i saw something else then.

If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have even known there was a fire. I was out riding at Ballinger yesterday and when I came back down the 5 and over to my place near the bottom of San Francisquito I never saw any smoke.

Sounds like they really hit this with air assets. The fire is only about 15% contained on the ground. Until they get a line around it all some good winds could get it going again.

latest update from me. I drove around to Lake Elizabeth around noon...couldn't see any smoke what so ever. One helicopter making spot drops was about it. A lot of the crews are still here, but they are slowly filing out.. I've seen some leaving this afternoon. I'd say it's a done deal.

latest update from me. I drove around to Lake Elizabeth around noon...couldn't see any smoke what so ever. One helicopter making spot drops was about it. A lot of the crews are still here, but they are slowly filing out.. I've seen some leaving this afternoon. I'd say it's a done deal.

The fire is only 15% contained. It might not be actively burning, but the Forest Service will be going strong until the fire has lines around 100% of the fire. That's going to take at least another day.

The South Wildland Fire is on inciweb at http://www.inciweb.org/incident/1476/

This fire is nothing now... I physically just watched dozens and dozens of trucks and crews heading home. San Fran is open and crews are heading out. Lets just hope the trails stay open afterwards. The above link shows it 91% contained. Done deal.

Um, what would they be closing anyhow? Some flat dirt roads? I wouldn't call riding up tule ridge exactly a thrilling ride. There is no legal single track in these areas anyway, so what would a closure do exactly. Riding off the road is just as illegal with the road open or closed.

Um, what would they be closing anyhow? Some flat dirt roads? I wouldn't call riding up tule ridge exactly a thrilling ride. There is no legal single track in these areas anyway, so what would a closure do exactly. Riding off the road is just as illegal with the road open or closed.

at least it's a place to ride and get some time in. Fire road or not, I still enjoy the riding. Good seat time for me.

If you know where everything is its actually better then the drinkwater/rowher side in my book. As for it being legal......? catch me if you can:ride: You can flame me if you want, but I am sick of everyone closing areas so I just don't give a dam anymore and decided to be a rebel. From all the riders and tracks I have been seeing, I am one of many that ride those single tracks in that area:excuseme: