Sign in to follow this  

1993 Suzuki DR350?

hey all, im thinkin about pickin up a 93 DR350 for $1800, and had a couple questions

Is this a good deal?

How easy is it to find aftermarket and replacement parts?

thanks for your help

sounds a little high to me. my 99 dr650 was 1500 a year ago. maybe you could talk him down? plenty of parts are available for those bikes tho.....

I bought my 1992 DR350S with only 2,300 miles back in 1994 for $2,200. It has sat in the corner of my garage for the last two years after I bought a new Honda CRF450X to replace it as a dirt bike. So a few weeks ago I decided to turn it into a cheap super-moto bike. Since It hasn't been fired up in two years, all I really needed to get were a few carburetor parts to make it run again. I put on a pair of Metzler Lasertech tires that were sitting in the garage and now I use it to blast on the back roads grinning from ear to ear. You can still get all the parts you need at a couple of online dealers. I love my DR, but if I were doing it again I'd look for an electric start 1994 or newer model.

I got a 1990 this spring for $800. It was in good shape I was not looking for one but the price seemed good. I use it to go back and forth to work but find myself out on the trails more and more lately.

I got my 92 in 97 for 2,200.00. So 1,800 seems a little high. But the bike has been extremly reliable for 11 years now. I have a couple other bikes now but still love my old reliable dr350s and still ride it. Its a really nice bike but its not a racer. If its in really good shape, low miles etc. make him a lower offer and see what he says. You can find some aftermarket stuff. check www.kientech.com but your not going to find anything near the amount of after market stuff available for say a DRZ400 or any of the newer bikes.

i tried a 1993 last week. he wanted $950.

It was cold natured, it farted, sputtered and backfired.

I am sure I could fix it, but didnt want the trouble...I am sticking with my electric start dr200 for now

bought my 1990 DR350S for $950 a few months back with 4,000 miles. I was not looking for one as stated above, but thought it was a good buy. Just have to correct a shifting issue. Now that I have the fever again, I may buy a used DRZ and sell the 1990.

hey all, im thinkin about pickin up a 93 DR350 for $1800, and had a couple questions

Is this a good deal?

How easy is it to find aftermarket and replacement parts?

thanks for your help

It depends. Is he going to throw in any extra parts? Whats the condition of the bike? Any mods? With rising gas prices, people think they are worth a bunch. But the main thing is...do you think its worth it? 👍 If so, buy it, if not, tell him to get bent. IMO of course. Good luck.

Dave

thats too much. i bought a 93 dr350 for 960$ a few months back. the bike was in good shape too.

is it easy to get a dr 350 1993 street legal in california if they dont have the package?

$1800 is a little high. Notice however that the guys who are getting the ripping deals on the DR's aren't anywhere near the west coast. Bikes just go for a little more out here.👍 Offer him $1500 if it's in good shape and needs nothing.

check out the kouba links web site they have a serious repair bulliten that people should be aware of, especially when overpaying

100_2039.jpgI just picked up this clean 1997 DR350SE for $1700 with 6200 miles. had original tires which need replacing. It runs great.👍100_2040.jpg

check out the kouba links web site they have a serious repair bulliten that people should be aware of, especially when overpaying

I check their site and didn't see a repair bulletin. What kind of repair are you talking about?

Dave

hi-i looked back and found that i click on the kientech engineering link that had that bit of info .if you find out any more details than they post please let us know becouse i wouldn't mind getting one for next summer but not one that may grenade

good luck