new 07 wr250f

I just bought a new leftover 07 wr250f, I have done the free mods.(exhaust baffle removal,grey wire and the yz throttle stop is on order. I have also removed the air box baffle and lid.) I have a bad bog if you wrap on the throttle to hard. I've read about rejetting. I've also seen powernow systems and demissions powerback kits from F2 racing. I was needing help on the best fix for the bog.any info would be greatly appreciated.I'm also new to thumpertalk and new to trail riding so i don't know much about tweeking on this bike yet. thanks again.

I have a 07 wr too. You WILL need to re-jet, along w/ the o-ring mod. It should get rid of that bog. Do not buy the powernow. I did, and it made my jetting problems worse. Took it out, and not my bike is running good. I also went up two teeth on the back sprocket, but I needed more low end for riding in Colorado.

Is there any rule of thumb for determining what jet size to get ? Does it help much to remove the emissions pump ? Thanks again for all the help and info.

Check the Jetting Data Sticky at the top of this forum for a bike that's used under similar conditions as yours i.e. altitude and temps and use that as a starting point.

Most Jetting Kits (F2, DJ, James Dean, etc.) have a recommended jetting included in the instructions and are usually pretty good start point as well.

Congratulations! ?

what is the AIS? Is that the emissions box on the frame?

AIS is air induction system, that pumps fresh air into your exhaust and is vacuum operated. its what makes it go pop pop pop when you engine brake.

if your talking about that bronze pump thing that, on mine atleast it did, says mikuni on it then yes

but correct me if I am wrong:bonk:

yea, my bad. I meant FCR. I was told to do the o-ring mod to help eliminate the low idle bog. i read that the o-ring mod is for the FCR-mx only and that the taffy mod is for the standard FCR carbs.

I believe the WR only has a FCR, not the FCR MX. I've never heard of the taffy mod, but do the o ring mod.

whats this "taffy mod" you speak of?