Sign in to follow this  

drz250 tm33 carb

I read about upgrading to a tm33 carb. I just bought a 2001 drz 250. It was completely stock. Now I have opened the air box and installed the Yoshimura full exhaust and wanted to upgrade the carb. Is it the oem carb you can buy

from any oem web site or is there a special kit or what? I bought one from mrcycle.com but it doesn't fit my intake manifold, Its to small. Also the throttle cables wouldn't reach. Did I buy the wrong one?:)

Rawaag: I'm not sure about your manifold issue, if you mean the boots are too small they will go on with some major effort and a lot of grease. Only the bottom cable will reach, but I'll have to check that to make sure, but only one cable will work. On the 01 you should be able to switch over the cable bracket , short version it will go on there ...I know because I had exactly the same issues with mine and have done the same mods. Once you get things working you will want to play with it a little bit...I'm still fine tuning mine, but love the performance..a definite improvement over stock. good luck. Lax

rawaag,

firstly what carb did you have previously? the tm28 pumper carb or the CV californian carb?

secondly did you buy a tm33 pumper carb? you may have bought a tm33 2stroke carb (has the accelerator cable connected directly to the slide instead of on the cam on the side of carb)

if you got the tm33 and you had a tm28 the fit will be a little tighter, but not much. from what i have heard the CV carb concersion is harder.

If you got a tm28-tm33 conversion i can help guide you thru... other wise wait til others chime in with help.

Come to find out I bought the e33 ca version carb, oops. :D I found out they have worse performance than the tm28.:worthy: I need to know where to get the tm33 carb.:)