Sign in to follow this  

Taylor Park September 12 - 14

Hey TTers! My friend and I are trying to put together a trip to Taylor Park next month. There is a cabin at Holt for $110/night that has 3 beds and a futon. If you shower regularly, and are interested in joining us let me know! We've never been, and would love to go with someone with experience.

Suzy

Be sure to do Reno divide /Italian creek road ,and don't miss going to the top of American Flag Mountain, What AWESOME views from the top!!!!!

We will be right next door to you. We will be at Holt's from the 10th to the 16th. Have been to the area many times.

Very cool! I am attempting to reserve cabin #7....do you know which you will be in?

Thats the same weekend the Colorado Backcountry Trail Riders Alliance will be out there working on trails.

On Saturday, September 13th the Colorado Backcountry Trail Riders Alliance (www.cbtra.org) needs your help with trail maintenance and repairs to Bear Trail (#415), which is located due west of Spring Creek Reservoir in the Taylor Park trail system. In cooperation with the U.S.F.S, the CBTRA will be rehabing trenched trail sections, building drainage systems, and slashing braided areas.

If you have never participated in a trail day, it's a good time to make some new friends and go for a great trail ride. On Sunday the 14th, Jeff Slavens will organize and guide a ride on some of the best trails in Colorado. Make it a fun 3-day weekend with a Friday ride, Saturday workday, and a Sunday guided ride.

Please bring work gloves, water/Gatorade, snacks, and suncreen. The U.S.F.S will provide tools, equipment, and assistance and the CBTRA will provide FREE breakfast, FREE dinner, and FREE BEER!

Please RSVP to slaverace@msn.com by September 10th to confirm your attendence so that we know how much food to provide.

Schedule:

Saturday

8:00am complimentary breakfast and coffee

9:00am work begins

4:00pm work ends

6:00pm dinner, beer, raffle

Sunday Ride!

Directions: From Gunnison travel north on Hwy 135 to Almont. Turn right on Taylor River Road and travel north to Harmel's Resort then turn left on to Spring Creek Road (FSR744). Go about 15 miles to Mosca Campground and Spring Creek Reservoir. The work site is 7 miles past the reservoir on FSR744. There is a group campsite (for those that wish to camp) on FSR744 1 mile before the worksite. Travel time from Gunnison is about one hour.

We have the cabin rented, and we could fit one more if there is a last second person that wants to join, and doesn't mind the futon. I am getting new tires today to prepare for the ride. I can't wait!!!

I wish we had more time to spend to participate in the trail work, but we only have Saturday and a 1/2 day Sunday to ride before I have to head back home.

We will be thinking of you when we are busting our backs making a better trail for you to ride on. You should at least stop by for a couple of hours. I am driving out from Des Moines, Iowa to work on Saturday and ride 1/2 a day Sunday. When this stuff is all closed down you will wish you had given up some of your precious time to help. I know I am coming down on you, but I guarantee it won't be long. If we don't get our s*** together there won't be a Taylor Park to ride in. I hope to see you on Saturday. Stop by and say Hello. Introduce yourself. My name is Jeremy Shoning. I look forward to meeting you.

p.s. I will take that futon.

• Like 1

We will be thinking of you when we are busting our backs making a better trail for you to ride on. You should at least stop by for a couple of hours. I am driving out from Des Moines, Iowa to work on Saturday and ride 1/2 a day Sunday. When this stuff is all closed down you will wish you had given up some of your precious time to help. I know I am coming down on you, but I guarantee it won't be long. If we don't get our s*** together there won't be a Taylor Park to ride in. I hope to see you on Saturday. Stop by and say Hello. Introduce yourself. My name is Jeremy Shoning. I look forward to meeting you.

GoodGas for you Jeremy:thumbsup:

Hey Jeremy - yes you are coming down pretty hard on me, thanks. Again, if I could afford an extra day, I would be joining the work team. I've never been to Taylor Park. My time is precious,and costly - I have to pay others to take over my hours, as I don't get vacation/holiday time. I donate a lot of time, product, and money to many organizations, so I don't feel guilty about taking 2 1/2 days for myself.

Suzy

Suzypoozie, we will see you there and maximize your riding time enjoyment.

What would you say your skill level is ? Green circles, blue squares, black diamonds ?

Do you guys ride with a GPS ?

Do you have maps ?

Are there any trails you have heard about that you want to hit for sure ?

• Like 1

Is there any way to ride to the work site from Taylor ? Trails, not roads. (except maybe dirt roads in Taylor)

Gunnison Spur trail from Dinner Station W to intersect with Dr. Park. Go NW to Spring Creek Rd, S a bit and pickup 742.21, follow it to a right onto 420 Deadmans, up to 415 Bear Creek. Up top is the campsite/ meeting area.

What type of smack is this? What, you are the only one working on trails to keep them open and maintain them? My deepest appreciation to all who are participating in this important project, I will send some smack to Jeremy when I host my work project in Northern Colorado and you dont show.

• Like 1

Suzypoozie, we will see you there and maximize your riding time enjoyment.

What would you say your skill level is ? Green circles, blue squares, black diamonds ?

Do you guys ride with a GPS ?

Do you have maps ?

Are there any trails you have heard about that you want to hit for sure ?

Hey Scott! i would say that I am a blue square rider, and Rodney is better than me, maybe blue/black or black. We don't have a GPS, we do have a map. I don't know of any trails that I want to try, but am hoping to do some brain picking before we head out. Greg (Gee) is also staying with us and has been there many times, so I think between everyone, we'll have a great time! I look forward to meeting everybody!

Suzy

PS Now I am going to do some work on a benefit for Max Fund, a no kill animal shelter out here.

I get pretty fired up sometimes. I hope you have a great weekend riding Suzy. Maybe we will get to ride together someday.

Mark L,I am not the only one working, I just want to get as many people as possible to come out so the forest service and bicycle clubs have no room to bash us. Give me all of the smack you want that weekend in person. I can take it. But I don't think it is called for. I will be donating my time.

suzypoozie, where are you ? We are having a blast. Got to ride inthe snow a couple days ago. Ran into gunnison for groceries and food. logged on while there.