Sign in to follow this  

honda crf 100, simple questions...

i currently have an 07 crf 100 and have several questions...

1) i was thinking about putting a billet exhaust tip on my bike, the one's they sell off ebay. i know that it will make it a little louder than stock, but my main question is... can i put it on without doing anything else to the bike? someone told me i had to re-jet it. im totally confused on what this is, and how to do it.

2) also, i was thinking about purchasing a k&n airfilter for my bike. same with the exhaust. can i run it without any major modifications? (re-jetting)

3) then lastly, i was thinking about replacing the stock bars. (maybe a christmas present) is there any suggestions? i've bent them badly from crashing a couple times. i want something affordable and durble.

im sorry for all the questions... thanks for your help

i've already asked several company's for stickers for my bike. ngk, turtlewax, wd-40, maxxis, all the company's that i use their products. i've also ordered a carbon fiber 2 ft by 3 ft vinyl roll for my bike. i'm planning on putting the carbon fiber on the swing-arm, chain guard(S), and airfilter box. im also thinking about putting it on the front shocks. (if they'll stick)

i also ordered my #247 for my bike. and i ordered a couple other small things. hopefully it'll give it a new look. i'll post pictures when im done :)

Re jetting would be my first mod. And it was. I went to a 105 main jet and opened the air box. (thats also before I did a bbr120 bore kit) I also changed the front sprocket (one tooth more).

A jet will be the cheapest mod. I think I paid $6 from the honda shop. If you need help doing it yourself I can help as well as many other people on TT.

To answer your question about the exhaust I don't think it will cause problems for your engines with out jetting. A good way to see is get the exhaust and check the spark plug after running. If the plug is whitish not golden brown you need to re jet.

IMO jetting is the icing on the cake and easy to do.

Just ask if you need help... good luck

Re jetting would be my first mod. And it was. I went to a 105 main jet and opened the air box. (thats also before I did a bbr120 bore kit) I also changed the front sprocket (one tooth more).

A jet will be the cheapest mod. I think I paid $6 from the honda shop. If you need help doing it yourself I can help as well as many other people on TT.

To answer your question about the exhaust I don't think it will cause problems for your engines with out jetting. A good way to see is get the exhaust and check the spark plug after running. If the plug is whitish not golden brown you need to re jet.

IMO jetting is the icing on the cake and easy to do.

Just ask if you need help... good luck

okay man. thanks for your help! :)

btw: