Sign in to follow this  

Value of an 03 85?

Well I have a 2003 YZ85. The motor leaks oil and I would rather not deal with it right now (too busy like most people).

I completely tore the bike down to clean/grease/ect/ect everything.

How much would the bike be worth as a roller? Assuming it's in decent condition too.

I'm thinking someone who was looking to do a little thumper motor swap could possibly be interested?

BTW, this is NOT a for sale ad.

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

I have everything to make a complete bike. This is just how far I got with installing the cleaned parts.

S6300114.jpg

S6300115.jpg

That as it sits right there is worth about $400 tops.

You would make more parting it out. I've seen COMPLETE 85's that are just as clean and even newer go for just $1000.

It would be different if everything was there(plastics, subframe, tank, seat, airbox, all that junk) and only the engine was gone. But if you were to sell it how it is in the picture, don't expect much.

Just part 'er out. You can sell the wheels complete for about $400 anyways. Frame would get you like $150. Forks would get you like $150. Swingarm like $50. Bars like $30. Etc.

i'd buy it for 400 in a minute, if the engine runs and just leaks oil heck ya.

400 is a good deal probably worth more like 500 or 600 the yz85's seem to hold there value better then the other 85's

That as it sits right there is worth about $400 tops.

You would make more parting it out. I've seen COMPLETE 85's that are just as clean and even newer go for just $1000.

It would be different if everything was there(plastics, subframe, tank, seat, airbox, all that junk) and only the engine was gone. But if you were to sell it how it is in the picture, don't expect much.

Just part 'er out. You can sell the wheels complete for about $400 anyways. Frame would get you like $150. Forks would get you like $150. Swingarm like $50. Bars like $30. Etc.

He has everything for a complete bike, just didn't put it on yet

He has everything for a complete bike, just didn't put it on yet

I thought he just asked how much it would be worth as a roller.

Because, as a complete bike with everything else, they go around here for about a grand or less.

I thought he just asked how much it would be worth as a roller.

Because, as a complete bike with everything else, they go around here for about a grand or less.

I edited my first post with some pictures I took tonight.

I was thinking $700 could be close for the roller?

$900 with the motor/pipe?

A picture of dirty parts goes against all of my beliefs but, here it is to show more parts that I have. You can just barely see the motor to the left of the bike in the pictures.

S6300116.jpg

i'd buy it for 400 in a minute, if the engine runs and just leaks oil heck ya.

400 is a good deal probably worth more like 500 or 600 the yz85's seem to hold there value better then the other 85's

I know for a fact that the motor runs. I started it up the day I got it to see.

A few weeks after I brought it home; I noticed oil had leaked out. That's when I tore the bike totaly down to a super cleaning.

Take into consideration that there's probably 20 - 30 man hours stuck into this thing.

I'll list it up in the classifieds once I get everything back together.

$700 would work as is though.

Anymore estimations?

I should beable to get everything done on it today. Minus the rebuilt motor of course.

New pictures will be sure to follow.

have u found where the oil s leaking from yet?

id say 8-900 if u put it back together even more if u find the leak it could just be an easy to fix one:excuseme:

have u found where the oil s leaking from yet?

id say 8-900 if u put it back together even more if u find the leak it could just be an easy to fix one:excuseme:

2 motor mounts and 1 from the stator cover. I think that's just the gasket though.

It probably is an easy fix. I just do not have the time, nor the room to tear apart a motor. I'll probably end up doing it this winter sometime.