Can't remove AIS exhaust fitting 2006 WR250F

Bought the TT AIS removal kit and can not get the exhaust side fitting off to save my azz. Ended up crimping the end of the stock tube just so I could ride this weekend. What's up with this ridiculous fitting? Even tried Vise Grips and ended up flattening the teeth on them. HELP:bonk:

Bought the TT AIS removal kit and can not get the exhaust side fitting off to save my azz. Ended up crimping the end of the stock tube just so I could ride this weekend. What's up with this ridiculous fitting? Even tried Vise Grips and ended up flattening the teeth on them. HELP:bonk:

Got any pictures?

The nipples in the head can be nightmares to remove. Because of that and the potential desire to re-install the AIS, many do not use the GYTR or TT kit. Instead, F2 racing makes a setup that is reversible and uses a plug in the head to block the AIS off and a cap with an O-Ring to seal off the nipple. Once the nipple is trashed or pulled, you cannot go back without replacing the head or someplace, sourcing a new nipple.

I have read a few threads regarding methods some have used to get that out. A search will indubitably yield fruitful results.

Honestly, I'd just use a rubber vaccum cap and secure it with a small hose clamp. Simple, effective, reversable....done deal.

One thing I don't get is people paying $30-$40 for a block off kit when with about $10 and some fab work you could block it off just the same. I personally have about $8 ($3 for steel stock, $5 for plug assortment kit) in materials for mine and my buddy fabbed up the block off plate for the exhaust port on my 450 (way different setup than the 250f).

?

No kidding, I was embarrassed that I payed $33. for that little baggy. Even worse now I can only use 2 out of 3 parts.

JSanfilippo: rubber will melt on the exhuast fitting, but I know what you mean. I'll come up with a custom fab fix. I can't stand things done 1/2 Ass.

No kidding, I was embarrassed that I payed $33. for that little baggy. Even worse now I can only use 2 out of 3 parts.

JSanfilippo: rubber will melt on the exhuast fitting, but I know what you mean. I'll come up with a custom fab fix. I can't stand things done 1/2 Ass.

Didn't take into account the excessive heat:banghead: ? . I have the little port on the intake side of the head plugged with a vaccum plug but things are alot cooler on that side plus that port is like 1/4 the size of what you've got there.

That's was the hint the instructions gave too. I tried but apparently didn't have the right bit cuz that fitting is one hard mutha. Did you drill the inner or outer part of the fittings? It's a two pc. fitting and I'm still not sure if both come out. I would assume so. All the pics I've seen are 450's not 250's.

The tube that is stuck in the block is one pc. just use a punch to locate the hole, drill a small hole about 1/8" then open it up with a bit slightly larger than a phillips screw driver (one you don't mind bending). I had a hell of a time getting it out but I'm glad I stuck with it. The machined plug looks really clean.

• 3 weeks later...

I was kinda pissed about the cost of the kit when it arrived and there's nothin to it! Seem's they could charge say $9.95 or somethin and still make a couple bucks. Then i got really pissed when i was trying to remove the exhaust side and no go. I drilled a hole for a screw driver, broke 2 and bent the hell out of another driver tool. Finally got the fitting to move ever so slightly and then the fitting split about have way down. So thats where i be for now, jimmy rigged it and hope it holds. TT ais kit's are horrible, dont ever buy one!

I did the same as keetmj - it was a pain. It got easier with a second set of hands - I twisted the fitting with a screwdriver through the hole drilled in the fitting, and my brother used large vice-grips to rock the fitting up and down and side to side as I twisted. Once there were two of us, it only took about 5 minutes. Good luck!

Iopted for the block off kit, couple of nice looking aluminum plugs. I have a slide hammer with an attachment for a large vice grip. Both came out pretty well and they still look OK. I don't ever think I will replace the AIS. I have performed all the free mods, have a JD jetting kit installed, replaced the stock exhaust outlet with the larger GYT unit whose diameter is about the same as the end cap, and went up one tooth on the CS sprocket. There are very few places I ride where I need lower gearing and the 14 tooth CS give me greater top end speed for fireroading, without wringing it out. It doesn't have any problem pulling it.