Sold My 05...

Hate to say it but I would look at Green, if I was to sell mine. I have a KLX 450R also and I really like the way it handles. Not sure though since I haven't seen the new CRFs. I never thought I would say that.

Hate to say it but I would look at Green, if I was to sell mine. I have a KLX 450R also and I really like the way it handles. Not sure though since I haven't seen the new CRFs. I never thought I would say that.

You should be ashamed of yourself!?

There's a dealer in OK with 07's for only $5,200otd. That's what I would be buying if I was in the market for a new bike.

They have them for $5799 OTD @ LA Honda,, The 08's are $6899 OTD,, the 09 prices might be just down right scary!! How does the 07 compare to the 05 in

1= turning

2= jetting,,,,,,, it took forever to tune the "bog" out of my 05

They have them for $5799 OTD @ LA Honda,, The 08's are $6899 OTD,, the 09 prices might be just down right scary!! How does the 07 compare to the 05 in

1= turning

2= jetting,,,,,,, it took forever to tune the "bog" out of my 05

The 07 is a better bike than your old 05. Handling is improved and low end power/torque is increased. You also won't have to touch the jetting. Some people say the 07 is a better bike than the 08.

^^^I'm gonna wait and see what the 09's bring to the table,, plus the current offers from honda end 09/03/08 so I should be able to get a better deal on a 07/08 after that date, if that's the way I decide to go. If Honda goes with a totally different look though,, it'll be hard to plop $5-6k on a new bike that doesn't look " New".

Don't feel too bad about selling your old CRF450R. I know I miss my 02 to some degree but, my current bike is an 06 Husqvarna TE510, and I don't miss the CRF much at all anymore........as in adjusting the valves and only having a kick starter, to mention a few things! I pretty much only ride the desert and trails so, the TE510 is better suited for my riding......gotta love the Husky!!! By the way, adjusting the valves on the TE510 is by far a snap compared to the CRF and certainly less frequently!

Tom

better how, what aspect?

Honda reduced the size of the exhaust valve/ports in 07. This boosted power across the board but really helped the low end.

They also lowered the engine in 06 and centralized the mass of the bike in 07. These to modifications made the bike corner/handle better.

Honda reduced the size of the exhaust valve/ports in 07. This boosted power across the board but really helped the low end.

They also lowered the engine in 06 and centralized the mass of the bike in 07. These to modifications made the bike corner/handle better.

Oh, I don't doubt both the 06&07 were better than my old 05. I was just curious on how or why people think the 07 is better than the 08. I'm really leaning toward an 07 or 8 because of$$$,, I know the 09 is gonna be SWEET but, your gonna pay for it!!. I just wanna make sure I get the right bike out of the two.? I just wanna make sure the 07 is a cornering fool like I here the 08 is. I'll have to re-valve suspension on both so thats no big deal, also, they are both jetted very well , so that's a non issue as well,,,,,, I guess for me,, it's all about the cornering.:worthy: