Sign in to follow this  

My New bike-2007 250sx

This is my new bike and first 2 strokes ever. I started on a 02 yz250f 3 yeard ago and have been riding a 00 yz426f of late. I ride mostly all single track so this is a huge transition for me. I know I am going to love the gigantic weight loss...unfortunately I am leaving back to college on Wednesday and wont get to ride it until thanksgiving.

The bike is all setup for the trails and so far after riding it on the trails in my yard I really am loving the light weight and power delivery of this bike!

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=64626

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=64625

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=64624

Sharp bike, very nice indeed. Now all you need is new rear tire cause I know it's going to be muddy in Nov. in Washington! :)

Transmission oil every 3-5 rides, topend every 50 hours, and clean and oil the air filter religiously. If you do alot of water crossings or deep mud you may want to grease the wheel bearings and other bearings.

top ends really every 50 hours? I thought these new ktms could go a long long time without top ends...not that its a big deal just curious.

You should be able to get a lot more than 50 hours unless you're an aggressive rider that stays on the pipe. Since you're riding it in the woods, my guess would be more like 100-150 hours. Everyone is different though. You should check the compression now, and then periodically. If it starts to drop, then it's time for a rebuild.

As for oil changes, you can go on your oil until it starts to turn color (or at least that's what I do). Again it will depend upon how the bike is ridden. I can go around 15-20 hours.

I'm a stickler for clean air filters. Too much dirt on your air filter, inhibits your bike from inhaling air and causes it to run like crap. I change mine every ride or sometimes two if it isn't that dirty.

That's a nice bike! I hope you get to enjoy it this fall.

I would say the first thing you need is to get some new shoes! 👍

yeh i got a new rear tire in the garage waiting to be put on when i get back. I have never changed a tire and want to learn because I like to do all the maintenance myself but I heard the maxxis desert IT is one of the hardest tires to change.

what should my maintenance schedule be like on this?

Do yourself a favor and rather than listen to some out the rear advice, listen to the engineers who so kindly took the time to help write this up:

http://ktmusa.com/download.php?dataID=6301G0_OM_EN.pdf

I will tell you though, maintenance on that bike is little to none beyond the standard air filter cleanings, chain lubes, etc. I do baby mine though.👍

any of you guys use the shop manual for this bike? I had one for my yz250f and it helped out a ton

The shop manual is a must! I've only found it in CD form though. Costs around $30.

whered you find it at? anywhere online? I dont really want to go to the only local ktm dealer because I know it will probably cost like 50 from them knowing their prices.

I'm thinking I got it from Munn Racing. They have a website, but I'm not exactly sure what it is. KTMTalk.com has a small add that you can click on and takes you right there.