Sign in to follow this  

Trail Tech Vapor Speedo Misreading?

Any of you that have the Vapor installed ever had the speedo suddenly beging jumping all over the place. I have had it happen twice. The speedo suddenly went from 60 to all over the place. Everything else seemed to work correctly and it continued to keep track of miles on the trip meter. After shutting down and restarting worked fine. Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience and if there is a solution?

Thanks,

Dan

2005 DR650, Clarke tank, FZ-1 windshield, Renazco...on order:).

We've been running ours for a couple of thousand miles without a single problem.

Are you sure your magnet is mounted right? Not too far away or out of line as it spins by the pick-up?

Hope this helps.

Any of you that have the Vapor installed ever had the speedo suddenly beging jumping all over the place. I have had it happen twice. The speedo suddenly went from 60 to all over the place. Everything else seemed to work correctly and it continued to keep track of miles on the trip meter. After shutting down and restarting worked fine. Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience and if there is a solution?

Thanks,

Dan

2005 DR650, Clarke tank, FZ-1 windshield, Renazco...on order:).

My suggestion to you is to call the Trailtech folks and see what they have to say. They bent over backward to help me when I had a question or a problem. Give them a call. I bet they can solve your problem.