Sign in to follow this  

1/4 mile times?

i did a search and didnt come up with anything. anyone taken their DRZ to the drag strip? if so,

time-

mods-

gearing-

think it should be interesting. :)

i did a search and didnt come up with anything. anyone taken their DRZ to the drag strip? if so,

time-

mods-

gearing-

think it should be interesting. :)

On youtube there is a video of a DRZ at the drag strip kicking the crap out of a Mustang GT. Pretty funny.:D

On youtube there is a video of a DRZ at the drag strip kicking the crap out of a Mustang GT. Pretty funny.:)

I saw it too and I was laughing the whole time....

I read somewhere that it runs 13.3 in the 1/4 @88mph. Of course that would be very dependant on the weight (and skill) of the rider.

There is a website called Dragtimes.com where people post their timeslips you might find some on there.

The 99-04 Mustang GTs ran high 14s stock (something like 14.7). 05 onwards are right around 14 even (some dip into the high 13s).

Really thats not terribly fast (my old 68 runs very low 14s and thats through the stock cylinder heads). But thats bone stock. Most V8 mustangs and Camaros have a little work done here and there (as do most DRZs!)

BUT, while my car runs close to 14 seconds it is with a 100mph trap speed, so although my bike would beat it by 0.7 seconds (a big margin) Id be gaining on it like crazy at the big end. And I can tell you this, I can wring every last ounce of speed out of my car and I can run within a tenth every run, but im sure id have trouble trying to be consistant on my bike.

Also remember times are VERY dependant on temp, track prep and altitude. A good day can take a couple of tenths off your time, and there are known losses of hp with altitude.