Sign in to follow this  

Chain Guide SUCKS

I got almost 40 race hours on my race bike and i have went through 4 chain guides. By the time i get it to my door, its 200 bucks. This is getting expensive. The teflon or plastic has just worn right down on all 4. Metal on metal can't be good. Anybody else got this problem? And can anybody reccomend one that's not going to wear down every 10-15 hours? Im heading out tomorrow for races so any help quick would be much appreciated.

cam chain or drive chain? i assume drive chain. I have close to 100 hours on my bike and mine's fine, and I've ridden it pretty darn hard lately. Are you keeping your chain too tight?

is your tire lined up as well as your chain..the sprocket could be hitting the rubber/plastic piece

The TM designworks chain guides are much more durable and have less drag than the stock guide. Are you running a larger rear sprocket than stock (48T)?

A large rear sprocket with too short chain will do that...

I am running renthal 13T front and 48T rear, stock ratios. Soon to get sidewinder or ironman. My tire is lined up right, just checked it. I dont think my chain is to tight, if anything i have probably been running it too loose, i can fit 2 and a half fingers, almost three on the swingarm. My dad just stuck a piece of teflon in there while were waiting on a Ride Engineering one. Hopefully it helps.