Sign in to follow this  

Husky Win AMA National Hare and Hound Championship

Well we did it with a second place finish in Wendover Nv near Salt Lake City NV.That will give me enought points to win the championship and get the # 1 plate for the year.

Each of the 7 races so far this year was different from below sea level in El Centro Ca on the Mexican border where it was all sand dunes to the upper Utha races at over 6000 feet in the trees.The little bone stock 125 worked great .I never changed the suspention ,gearing or jets at any race and i still worked ok .

We the 2 stroke fourm now get to rub it in to the big open 4 stroke that a 125 won

Asfor my new 2008 CR 125 just got it and for this race i did not touch a thing

from suspention gearing or jets.I did check and prep it but left everything at the factory setings .After 130 miles to finish second in class shows the CR can run with the open class.

I do plan to send the suspention to Fast By Ferricci FBF and have it set up like my 2006 bike other then that i see no reason to change anything

So am i glad i did not wait for the 2009 bike the answer is yes now i can collect on the second place finish and the championship Husky Bucks

Thanks Husky for still making a CR 125 2 stroke

Congratulations! Pretty cool to hear about a Husky taking the top step.:) We need to see some pics of "The little bike that could"

Well we did it with a second place finish in Wendover Nv near Salt Lake City NV.That will give me enought points to win the championship and get the # 1 plate for the year.

Each of the 7 races so far this year was different from below sea level in El Centro Ca on the Mexican border where it was all sand dunes to the upper Utha races at over 6000 feet in the trees.The little bone stock 125 worked great .I never changed the suspention ,gearing or jets at any race and i still worked ok .

We the 2 stroke fourm now get to rub it in to the big open 4 stroke that a 125 won

Asfor my new 2008 CR 125 just got it and for this race i did not touch a thing

from suspention gearing or jets.I did check and prep it but left everything at the factory setings .After 130 miles to finish second in class shows the CR can run with the open class.

I do plan to send the suspention to Fast By Ferricci FBF and have it set up like my 2006 bike other then that i see no reason to change anything

So am i glad i did not wait for the 2009 bike the answer is yes now i can collect on the second place finish and the championship Husky Bucks

Thanks Husky for still making a CR 125 2 stroke

John, how does the Husky bucks work? For example, do they pay for all D-37 races, and as an expert, what are the pay off's in that class? Do you get a credit card that they put money into?

I know you are racing a CR125, but do you know anything about the new WR 2-strokes.

The contingency program they offer is very appealing for racing.

John, how does the Husky bucks work? For example, do they pay for all D-37 races, and as an expert, what are the pay off's in that class? Do you get a credit card that they put money into?

I know you are racing a CR125, but do you know anything about the new WR 2-strokes.

The contingency program they offer is very appealing for racing.

As of now i can only tell you how it worked when it was owned by cagiva.But i have been told that nothing is to change under the new BMW deal.

how it use to work was i would race and after the race i would fax in my results and in most cases a check made out to me would show up in about 4 days .Never had a problem.The check was a check that says Husky Bucks and it is good for parts at you local Husky Dealer in my case that would be 10 West motorsports in Indio Cal .The program paied in all classes of Dist 37

desert,enduro and gran prix any bike size or skill from 5 place novice to first in expert .As for the WR 250 there is a guy name brent in Desert MC who does well and makes great in the Husky Bucks dept he has told me he loves his bike and would only race it.

Hopefully the new company will post how much in each class if you let me know what class you are in and skil level i will look it up but to post them all would take me all day john

As of now i can only tell you how it worked when it was owned by cagiva.But i have been told that nothing is to change under the new BMW deal.

how it use to work was i would race and after the race i would fax in my results and in most cases a check made out to me would show up in about 4 days .Never had a problem.The check was a check that says Husky Bucks and it is good for parts at you local Husky Dealer in my case that would be 10 West motorsports in Indio Cal .The program paied in all classes of Dist 37

desert,enduro and gran prix any bike size or skill from 5 place novice to first in expert .As for the WR 250 there is a guy name brent in Desert MC who does well and makes great in the Husky Bucks dept he has told me he loves his bike and would only race it.

Hopefully the new company will post how much in each class if you let me know what class you are in and skil level i will look it up but to post them all would take me all day john

Thanks, and congrats on your #1 plate.:)

Great Job and Keep that Husky Flag Flying. You have earned it and I hope they treat you right. I never get tired of hearing your race stories on here so keep it up..