Sign in to follow this  

Triple clamp offsets

Does anyone know where you can find the specifications for different models and years of Yamaha top triple clamps. For instance. Would an after market top clamp from a 2005 YZ250F fit my 2006 YZ250?

I can't see the offset and tube diameters anywhere in the owners workshop manual so how can I be sure it would fit.

I could ask the seller but I have seen some very suspicious looking estimates at times.

Does anyone list these details anywhere?

The offset on YZ triple clamps has been the same for many years (well back into the '90s). The fork diameter, spacing, and numberplate mounting is the difference between years.

97-99 (and possibly earlier) are interchangeable

00-03 are interchangeable

04-05 are interchangeable

06-09 are interchangeable

All YZ and YZF's use the same clamps, but the steering stems are different. YZ125's and YZ250F's use the same stems, YZ250's and 03-07 YZ450F's use the same stem. 08 and 09 YZ450F's use yet another stem.

Thanks KJ790.

Didn't the '05 YZF's get the bigger diameter SSS forks a year before the YZ's? That's why I'm thinking the top clamp off the YZF250 may fit my '06 YZ250.

Thanks KJ790.

Didn't the '05 YZF's get the bigger diameter SSS forks a year before the YZ's? That's why I'm thinking the top clamp off the YZF250 may fit my '06 YZ250.

Nope, the YZ's got the new forks at the same time. TheYZ250F got a new front brake system (which required a different fork lug) a year before the 450 and the two strokes, but that doesn't affect the rest of the fork.

I think the 05 is all on its own in terms of interchanging forks. the 05 forks are totally different from 04 and below and 06 and up. not sure tho if the tripple clamps will work from the 05 on the earlier years but im certain they will not work on the years following 05.

Nope. 05 will accept 04 to 09 forks straight in. They are spaced slightly further apart 06 to 09 but the diameters are the same. The triple clamps require the stops modding if you use non ally frame (04) on the ally frames models. Quite a few including myself have done just that. I've got 04 offset clamps and a set of showa a kit(04) both modded to fit on mine(05).

Sorry, your saying the forks are further apart on my '06 YZ250 than a '05 YZ250F, therefore I would be unwise to buy an after market top clamp that was fitted to the YZF.

You would have to match the top and bottom spacing.....05 to 05 and 06 to 06. They are two mm off and will not interchange.