Sign in to follow this  

Possible Yz Clutch Problem?

Hey guys i noticed my cluch does not fully engage in my 05 Yz 250f. If its not started and i put in in gear and try to push it with the clutch in it still turns the engine over. I have tightened the clutch cable and it only made it worse! Please help

If I understand what your saying. Your clutch will not DIS-engage....

EX.. When you start it in nuetral, then while holding the clutch lever you drop it into first it will jump forward or stall...

If this is the case then you are one of the thousands of YZ owners that have the same problem. If you search these forums you'll see this question a hundred times.

Look at the YZ FAQ's it'll be there too.

I tried the washer trick and it worked too well. Because then my clutch would not engage properly, So I don't recommend that.

Solution: I bought a Barnett Kit with 5% stiffer springs and that fixed my problem. I know this was long but I hope it helps

It wont stall or pop forward if your moving forward unless your reving the engine high and shift it from neutral to first fast.

Well When the bike is in gear and NOT running, and you push the bike while holding in the clutch it usually does have some resistance. However if you run the bike and say come to a stop while in gear while holding the clutch does the bike stall? IF yes then this would still be a clutch dis-engagment issue. It is very easy to drain the oil and pop off the clutch cover, take out the springs to look at your clutch basket and plates. If your basket fingers are worn this can cause sticking of the plates.

maby this will help when im coming down a hillclimband hold in the clutch and lock up the back brake, the wheel still trys to turn and u can here the chain clacking around but if i just stop and hold in tje clutch while its in gear its fine. But if the bikes off and its in gear and i hold in the clutch and push it it will almost turn over.