Sign in to follow this  

cleaning issues.

having some serious issues cleaning, and can not rest at night untill i know my bike is shining:p

i have tried all sorts of chemicals and cant seem to get stuff clean.

when it is wet, it looks so nice and clean so i push the bike into the garage and 30 minutes later its dry, and looks as dirty as it was when it came home form the ride:censored::)

the main place i seemt o have trouble with is, engine cases,carby,tank and wheels(hubs and spokes) and exhaust

heres some pics

DSCN0522.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0520.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

DSCN0516.jpg

DSCN0515.jpg

Spray with simple green. Get in there with small brushes, rags, mitts and plenty of soapy water. Take off parts that are easy for you to remove and put back on like the gas tank and fenders. Power wash carefully avoiding high pressure on sensitive areas.

Spray with simple green. Get in there with small brushes, rags, mitts and plenty of soapy water. Take off parts that are easy for you to remove and put back on like the gas tank and fenders. Power wash carefully avoiding high pressure on sensitive areas.

I go to Target and shop around for assorted brushes in the auto department or the household department. Old toothbrushes work great too. You can't just hose that stuff off, you need to scrub it. The longer it stays on there the harder it is to clean.

I can spend more time cleaning than actual riding. :) But I'm able to check for missing or loose fasteners, kick lever, brake/clutch levers....loose spokes, etc.

These style brushes work great. From top to bottom: dish brush, nylon detailing brush, wheel brush.

deepdishbrush26018139.jpg

Nylon%20Detail%20Brush.jpg

kent_luxalloybrush.jpg

same thing with me. well everywere else is clean except an area behind the rear shock and under the carb. its hard getting in there with hand and my brushes cant get in.

having some serious issues cleaning, and can not rest at night untill i know my bike is shining:p

they have medication for that, see a doctor and get rid of it. It's not a wife or girlfriend, it's a dirt bike. :worthy:

:):D

if u wanna keep it shiny spray wd40 over the whole bike excpet the seat grips and brakes

Make sure you rinse your bike properly, when your finished give it a blow with an air gun attatched to the compressor. When it's dry give it a coat of silicone spray (except for the seat and grips/levers) The silicone spray will get rid of any left over water and will leave a protective coating on your bike. I normally give it another coat before I ride. Makes it a shite load easier to clean next time aswell. (works a treat on white boots also!!!!) 👍:worthy:

What you've got there is a classic case of old dirt stain.

The best way to avoid this is to wash the bike thoroughly since the day it was new, which obviously somebody hasn't.

Once it looks that bad its pretty tough to get rid of.

I use a wheels brush and a absorber to dry. It seems to to well for me. I also use car shop. Some place like AZ have hard water so you have to make sure what ever you use (soap) takes care hard water.