Sign in to follow this  

Couple new owner wr360 questions

02 wr360, the original owner mixed the gas 32:1 with maxima 927, I am not a maxima guy, so I called the local husky dealer, he said no way on 32:1, and no way to any castor oils, told me to rum motul 50:1. To be honest 50:1 has never been a mix I feel comftorable with but he told me it ain't no jap bike and to do this, it was designed for it????? Opinions

2nd Question do they make radiator guards and skid plates for this, if so where do I get them????

thanks

almost forgot, spark plug wrench??? something I can carry on the trail that will reach that puppy??

thanks

Mix 32 : 1 , makes no difference if its a jap bike or not .

If your jetting is correct the bike will run perfectly on 32 : 1 .

Also giving the engine more protection with more oil .

I run 50:1 on my 360 all the time. Just depends on what oils you use. I run a full sythetic. Might change a spark plug every 2 years.

The radiator guards are the same as the 4 strokes at least up til '07. Skid plates from 250's should also work. Check the IMPORTANT INFORMATION sticky at the top of the 4 stroke page and you'll find what you need.

Like I said the previous owner ran it 32:1, but it really had some spooge, and it seemed to load up a bit, didn't foul a plug, but it did load up after a minute or two of lugging around the top end was loading when I got back on the throttle, he also had a #7 plug in it at that ratio, I'm thinking the jetting was off a bit. The motul I'm running is a full synthetic, I'm a bit nervous at 50:1 also, but really don't feel like messing with the jetting right now, I just wanna enjoy my new tractor of a bike, without hurting it. I gotta say this is the torquiest 2 stroke I have owned, just amazing some of the things I was getting away with on it over the weekend!!

Like I said the previous owner ran it 32:1, but it really had some spooge, and it seemed to load up a bit, didn't foul a plug, but it did load up after a minute or two of lugging around the top end was loading when I got back on the throttle, he also had a #7 plug in it at that ratio, I'm thinking the jetting was off a bit. The motul I'm running is a full synthetic, I'm a bit nervous at 50:1 also, but really don't feel like messing with the jetting right now, I just wanna enjoy my new tractor of a bike, without hurting it. I gotta say this is the torquiest 2 stroke I have owned, just amazing some of the things I was getting away with on it over the weekend!!

does your engine runs hot at no. 7 plug? if yes, try a no. 8, e.g. NGK BR8ES or something like that, and jet the bike for 40 : 1 ratio, if you're not comfy with 50 : 1, and if you find 32 : 1 too much of a protection :)

i'm also a user of motul's line of 2T fully-synthetic oils. whichever is available, i premix either the motul 710 at 32 : 1 or the motul 800 at 40 : 1. the 800 is just so viscous compared to the 710 the reason why i use lesser of it. but under any circumstances, if you try comparing the two oil, a 25-ml motul 800 2T weighs just about the same as the "less viscous" 710 2T at 31.5-ml.

....25-ml oil for every liter gasoline corresponds to 40 : 1 parts by volume, while 31.5-ml oil a liter gasoline equals approx. 32 : 1 ratio.... and so on and so forth.

dtkiko, ya it is the motul 800T, and thats pretty much what the dealer told me, it is like a really concentrated oil, and it was designed to be mixed at 50:1 anything else and it is to thick.

Barbwire,

I also run both my WR360 and WR250 with amsoil at 50:1. No issues, runs great, and no power valve deposits either. I would also recommend the OFG radiator braces. They are a direct bolt up for the your bike. They do have a snug fit on the back brace with the tank. I just removed a little aluminum from the back support ridge and they are still very sturdy and will take any impact and keep your rads straight. I didn't have to remove the metal just like to be a bit anal, the new style tanks have much more clearance in this area.

Good luck with the new bike, do a search and you will find the many improvements / changes I have made to mine for better or worse.

Walt

flyinbob, yes I am near dover about 45 minutes east.

The rad guards, I saw the link, but they are out of the style I want, I like the anodized ones!!! just wish they had them in blue.

couple more questions for you guys, do you guys run a race gas mix??? the previous owner added an octane booster to the fuel,, I guess my question is will it run alright on just plain hi test pump gas, or do I need to mix a little race gas with it.

Going to a dealer today, have a shop manual ordered there and a regulator rectifier, wanna get a headlight on this thing soon.

and while were at it, how many hours do you get out of a top end, bottom end etc... I was told thing would go 3 times as long as my yz??? that would be nice!

Barbwire,

No need to run race gas, it will run great on just pump premium. I have a friend who is trying to run his WR250 on pump regular because all the premium in our area is 10% alcohol. So far it is working great for him, no knocks or detonation. The listed compression ratio for these is not that high and regular should work.

My WR360 is a 2000 and the piston was original when I changed it last winter. It still ran fine but there was considerable blow by on the rings. I replaced the entire top end and my wonderfully mellow 360 became an animal. There was essentially no wear on the cylinder coating and the new "B" piston was almost to tight. I believe in re-ringing once a year which is probably not necessary but I tend to be anal. I wouldn't replace the piston unless the tolerances are out of spec. Once a year also allows you to inspect/clean all the power valve gear.

Walt