Sign in to follow this  

xt225 monster trail bike

Hi everyone!! I was wondering if any of you riders here have any experience with the xt225 off road. I have limited off road experience but I have found the xt225 to be so easy to ride over the worst terrain. I still can't believe that trail I took it down yesterday. Rocks, mud holes, more rocks, lots of water (I mean water up to the seat!!), more mud and rocks..you get the picture. I would recommend this little bike to anyone thinking of off roading. Oh, the best part of course was that when the trail intersected with the main road I just hopped right on and zipped home. I see lots of dual sports around my town but they are all commuters, not trail bikes at all. They are missing out big time.

I find that the suspension is what limits it the most off-road. When the shocks get hot...they mostly just quit working.

As a trail bike, it is pretty agile and of course could be lighter. Best thing is that my feet can easily touch the ground (flat footed), unlike my KLX.

Best local commuter bike that I can imagine!!!

The xt is almost as much fun as a scooter on pavement and much more fun than a scooter on dirt. I love the fact that I can touch the ground with both feet. On a taller bike I don't think that I would have had as much fun. I really want a crf250x but I have a 30" inseam and these trails are very technical and low speed. I know of at least 2 places where I needed to put the landing gear down. I am glad I never tried this trail on my DR650. That would have been a disaster. Can you say "stuck under the bike drowning in mud!!"