Sign in to follow this  

Anything going on at New Vienna?

Hello all, have been out of the loop for a little while with a vacation and then traveling a little for work for the last month.

Anyhow, has anything happened at New Vienna, a buddy of mine was trying to talk me into going there this weekend with him. I checked out their website and it looks like it is in major need of an update. I'm guessing a lot of that stuff earlier in the year was false promises?

Are they even open every weekend anymore?

We rode there weekend before last. Hillside was closed due to problems with the watering system. Quad/stadium lite track was sitting unused. It is a joke, and the quad riders wouldn't ride it. The back track was mildly prepped, and we enjoyed about 2 hours of good riding before the quads showed up. You know how it is.....they move all the good dirt to the outside of the track, destroy the ruts, and polish the corners 👍 I went and talked to Mike, and apparently others did too, as they put the quads on the un-prepped hillside :worthy: The office is coming along, but other than that it seemed the same. They did water the track, after hustling to repair the water-truck.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=40506692

My track is all groomed and touched up. Come on out anytime. BTW, how ya been?

We rode there weekend before last. Hillside was closed due to problems with the watering system. Quad/stadium lite track was sitting unused. It is a joke, and the quad riders wouldn't ride it. The back track was mildly prepped, and we enjoyed about 2 hours of good riding before the quads showed up. You know how it is.....they move all the good dirt to the outside of the track, destroy the ruts, and polish the corners 👍 I went and talked to Mike, and apparently others did too, as they put the quads on the un-prepped hillside :worthy: The office is coming along, but other than that it seemed the same. They did water the track, after hustling to repair the water-truck.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=40506692

That's what I was afraid to hear and told my friend that I don't think the place has turned into anything better than before.:busted:

My track is all groomed and touched up. Come on out anytime.

BTW, how ya been?

I'd much rather do that than waste my time at NV. Have you been back to riding again? Hows the healing? Haven't talked to you in a month or better.:worthy:

I have been busy as all get out. Vacation, work, wedding, funeral, and a big memorial thing we do for my friend that passed 3 years ago, all in the last month and a half.👍 And of course chasing that little rugrat of mine around.:busted: Thank you for asking.

Yeah...I'd have to say as far as track prep...New Vienna isn't any better than last year. If we get some rain, I'd say head on out there. If not, then I wouldn't recommend it. He does water, but seems to be only enough to knock the dust down briefly at best. I know a lot of guys have said they don't like the hillside track anymore, but I really liked it aside from needing more water. The track out in the open field, as I've said before, is still the exact same track that Tom built. Last time I went, most people were riding the hillside track and only a few on the other track. However, he kept watering the blue groove on the track that no one was really even riding and left the hillside track dusty. I know their regular pump is broken, but still, most of that track can be watered with the water truck they have.

Then, my last trip out there wasn't a really good experience. They had sent their kid out to do some mowing. Well, he proceded to mow where most of the vehicles are at and he threw up a bunch of rocks and took a chip out of the side window on my new truck. Needless to say I wasn't pleased. He apologized and offered to pay for it but only once I sent him the bill when I had it repaired.

My 2cents...wait until it rains some. Then go.

The news I didn't want to hear but was expecting.👍

How much did they change the hillside track? I used to actually like that.

I rode a little bit this past Sunday on my track. Even though I'm not supposed to yet. It was 9 weeks to the day and I have to tell you, it felt REAL good. Some guys are coming over tonight to ride a little if your interested. It will be dusty, but still fun.

Bummer about NV. I used to love riding there way back when.

Hey Chris.....Zack and I want to come ride again soon. Got to spend some time on my buddy's CRF450 the other day.........:worthy: Got back on the WR after an hour...........:blah: Glad you're feeling up to doing some laps. Believe I've got something for your big double, now :busted:👍