Sign in to follow this  

riding/training for hare scrambles?

This is for you guys who race a lot. So I'm wondering how much is reallistic to train and ride for prep/practice to get the best results at the races like NMA H.S. and WORCS type stuff.

I get out at least once a week on the bike, sometimes 2 times depending on other demands on my time (work,fam, life, etc.) and do 2-3 days at the gym. I work for myself so I can choose how much and when, but I catch myself wanting to go riding when i should probably be hustling at work.

The results are paying off tho with improved finishes in both series. Next year I wanna race NMA series for points and do as many Worcs as fit in the budget, even if i gotta start in vet c.

thanx,

rookie racer:thumbsup:

Working out is the best thing you can do. Less fatigue and less injury potentional.

The longer the race the more fitness matters. I do sit ups, push ups etc. and lift weight at home. I also force myself to swim laps. But the best thing i found is to ride mt bikes fast.. I just had my wr suspension revalved and that really helped my speed. If nothing else fitness makes you feel fast and thats half the battle.

bicycle and swimming for sure, also as much seat time as possible. check out the health and fitness forum.

Just my personal experience.

I race DH (Downhill) mountain bikes and Super Downhill (an endurance DH on a less demanding technical course) as well as trail riding in the alpine during the summer. I started pinching throttles a while back as a way to cross train for DH racing, and almost immediately found myself with a whole new expensive hobby!

The cardio of riding a mountain bike as well as the similar body positioning lends itself to moto/trail riding, and is in itself pretty much as kick ass as riding a moto, but 'same-different'. Ha-ha.

I had never even ridden a 450cc in my life, with the only other motos I've been on being cheap Chinese throw-away 150cc bikes, and I was able to head out to Reiter Pit and ride everything I could find (except the trials area) for continuous 45 minute training 'moto' laps up to 3 hour sessions, and never once felt any kind of fatigue whatsoever with just a slight arm pump right at the beginning that faded after warming up.

I think riding a mountain bike on technical singletrack or DH courses is an excellent training partner for riding enduros. It is expensive though. One of my mountain bikes costs as much as my Suzuki RMZ!

Just my 2 centivos.

Stay with the gym program. Improve your diet. Make a scheduel for riding. You run your own buisness you should be able to get off early a couple times a week. Take those couple hours and work on certian aspects of your riding. E.G , today im gonna work on seat pos , when approaching turns, today im gonna work on take offs, etc.

I would ride down AZZWIPE hill at Retier and find out where the hell it goes and if you got to push/pull/lift to get out...that get you in dam great shape:thumbsup: :)

O'yea, pick up my rear finder when your down there. Thanks

running and weights are good, high intensity intervals do a really good job too. focusing on good technique and body position also makes you more effective and efficient.

I always hear that weights are good but how exactly do you guys work out with weights in order to have it directly benifit your riding. I picked up a soloflex awhile back and I want to make sure I get the most out of it regarding riding. Low weight, high reps??????

I would ride down AZZWIPE hill at Retier and find out where the hell it goes and if you got to push/pull/lift to get out...that get you in dam great shape:thumbsup: :worthy:

O'yea, pick up my rear finder when your down there. Thanks

I remember that drill well from last winter.......oooof!👍

(I'm a girl) I do the first part of a deadlift with a 100# barbell--3x5reps--that does me real good for picking up my bike and makes me a lot less tired when I have to pick it up a lot, or when it's upside down, or I have to pick up a tree first to pick up my bike from underneath with my other hand 👍 other wise I use low weight high rep.

chopping wood works great too!