Sign in to follow this  

Ok, lets try this again....MN woods riding Aug. 23 or 24th?

I have a working bike now. :)

Yes, I'm aware that everyone will probably be at the enduro, but I don't think that my 1st enduro should be a national one........or one on a bike that I've never ridden yet.

I picked up a new KTM 200 XC last weekend and am itching to try it out.

Anyone interested?

Where are you thinking you'd want to ride? I would like to get some seat time Saturday as a warm up for the National.

Anywhere where I can ride some singletrack and get a feel for the new bike.

Will Nemadji be open on Saturday?

Welcome to the orange side of the tracks. I never thought I would own a pumpkin, but I switched this year also.

The best place to break in a new bike is a nice long enduro! I did that at the Huntersville enduro this year. In fact I was still putting on parts on Saturday before the race.

There are a lot of atv trails and more open single track at the Nemadji enduro than any other enduro in the state. C class gets a pretty long reset while A/B goes out for the tighter loop, at least that's the way it was last year. I think I had about an hour to rest up before the last part of the enduro.

You could always head to Knobby Ridge and get some hare scramble practice in.

Anywhere where I can ride some singletrack and get a feel for the new bike.

Will Nemadji be open on Saturday?

It might be, but I'm sure the club will be in the woods putting the finishing touches on the course. You could always ride St Croix on Saturday and then the National on Sunday.

The best place to break in a new bike is a nice long enduro! I did that at the Huntersville enduro this year. In fact I was still putting on parts on Saturday before the race.

Mwahahaha....I would make a nice obstacle while I'm constantly stopping to mess with the suspension. :)

The 2007 Huntersville enduro was the first time I rode my YZ250 after buying it. Gives you a heck of an intro to your new bike! I would be up for Arkansaw or Knobby Ridge.

I'd be down with either Arkansaw or Knobby Ridge. I've never actually been to Knobby before, and have been wanting to check it out.

Which one would you prefer?

Will Nemadji be open on Saturday? There will be plenty of club members checking the course. Not a good idea pre-riding the course if your racing on sunday.:)

The "C" riders better use that long reset to catch there breath, they may need some extra energy soon after! :D

:) I would, but we have a free private pass (along with 40 or so others) to Spring Creek MX that sunday.:D

:D I would, but we have a free private pass (along with 40 or so others) to Spring Creek MX that sunday.:worthy:

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!??!?!!??!?! :)

I'd be down for Knobby if I don't end up out at the Enduro. I'd probably stay away from trail riding Nemadji that weekend, let the guys get the job done for Sunday.

We rode Arkansaw yesterday and the track is very dry and slick. It was a good time though. The hare scramble trails are pretty rocky and rutted good in spots from the scramble they had there no doubt. First time I had been there, would go back. Could use a little tune up grooming but adequate to shake down a new ride.

I'd be down for Knobby if I don't end up out at the Enduro. I'd probably stay away from trail riding Nemadji that weekend, let the guys get the job done for Sunday.

Yup, I agree that staying out of everyone's hair in Nemadji is the appropriate thing to do.

Let me know when your plans are finalized. 👍

We rode Arkansaw yesterday and the track is very dry and slick. It was a good time though. The hare scramble trails are pretty rocky and rutted good in spots from the scramble they had there no doubt. First time I had been there, would go back. Could use a little tune up grooming but adequate to shake down a new ride.

Arkansaw is a pretty fun place to ride, no doubt. I don't think I've ever even done a complete lap around the track -- I've always spent the entire time in the woods and would use half of the track to get to the bottom of that one really rocky hillclimb.

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!??!?!!??!?! :worthy:

yeah, we have 3 dates for free this year.

They're customer appreciation days for our dealer, Cycle City.👍

Its the least they can do considering my dad has bought 5 or 6 bikes there in the last few years.lol

Yup, I agree that staying out of everyone's hair in Nemadji is the appropriate thing to do.

Let me know when your plans are finalized. 👍

Yeah, I got about a hundred reasons to do the enduro -vs- a couple weak excuses not to! So, I'm likely gonna run with the big boys up in Duquette this weekend.

Oh, and in case you're still thinking about it. This is a quote from the FAQ on the Straight Arrows site:

"I’m a beginning rider. Will I be getting in over my head? The “C” class course should be fun for anyone with moderate riding skills. “C” class riders will start after the “fast guys”. "

Moderate riding skills. Sure, we'll see - who wants to get in a minute with me and find out???

Saturday does not work for me. I have no clue why but when I first read this post and replied, I thought we were talking about Friday, August 22. Looking at it now, nowhwere does this thread mention Aug 22. I even typed Saturday, but meant Friday. I was in major la-la land. Sorry. I have work off tomorrow and was thinking about riding then. Saturday I'm going to relax, do a little bike prep and drive up to Nemadji late afternoon.

I was in major la-la land.

Welcome to my world! :worthy:

I'd be down for Friday, but I'm super busy with work and it definitely wouldn't be in my best interest to take tomorrow of. No probs....have fun on Sunday! 👍