Sign in to follow this  

Leaking forks on Pitster X2

I have a Pitster Pro 125 X2 I bought for my wife about 1.5 years ago. She maybe has 3 hours on it. It is leaking fork oil out the top of both the forks but I can not tell where.

Anyone have any insight on this? Is this a common occurance on this bike?

They are most likely leaking from the rebound adjuster valve. Usually around the center part, where they adjust. Not a real common occurrence, but it does happen.

They are most likely leaking from the rebound adjuster valve. Usually around the center part, where they adjust. Not a real common occurrence, but it does happen.

Yep,

there is a tiny "O" Ring that drys up and cracks, goes bad and weeps

Ok sounds good. I actually bought the bike from you and I sent an email yesterday but no response yet.

How about telling me how to get some new O rings, and I guess while Im at it do I need to or should I replace the fork oil?

Hmm. I have not viewed any emails recently concerning any X2 forks. support@outlawpowersports.com. We do not have just the o-ring only the complete valve assembly. I have gotten o-rings for the SSR adjuster valves at the auto parts store. That is where I would go first if I were you. If need be we can get you the valve assmebly.