Sign in to follow this  

Honda XR650R vs Husqvarna TE610ie vs Suzuki DRZ400e

Hi!I`m decide to buy new bike...I like my Xr600r but he`s `94 and I think that is the time for something new or newer...

So,frankly-If I could buy new XR650r-that will be my choice,but reality is that i must choose between:

Honda XR650r(used and very rare in my country);

Husqvarna Te610ie(new);

Suzuki DRZ400e(new);

I don't need fast bike-I need bike which is capable for off road,trails to 100km distance and city driving...

Also,reliability,costs and intervals of maintenance are very important to me-something like Xr600 if it`s possible.

I`m notise that Te610 and Drz only have E start(without kick S)-Is that may be a problem?

So,what you think?

Ivan

I would say for wide open off-road terrain the XR650R is hard to beat. Its the lightest of the group you mentioned, and should have similar power to the Husky 610.

My personal choice is of coarse the XR650R, for good looks, amazing reliability, light weight, and brute power:thumbsup:

I would say for wide open off-road terrain the XR650R is hard to beat. Its the lightest of the group you mentioned, and should have similar power to the Husky 610.

My personal choice is of coarse the XR650R, for good looks, amazing reliability, light weight, and brute power:thumbsup:

I think the same and that is the problem-XR`s are out of produktion and seems to me for good.I would rather buy a new bike than used but i like XR,and...Also it`s silily thet other 2 bikes has not kick start...

Anyway,I`l be most satisfied in case that Honda output the new model of XR-if that not happend to November,then I believe I will choose between Te610 and Drz400e...

Ivan

Te510 is about 8600eur here.

I don`t have that kind of money...

My budget is 6500eur.

Ivan

From my experience with Hondas and Husky 610's from 2005+, the Honda is a true off-road motorcycle. The Husky is more of a "Dual Sport", and for that matter so is the DRZ "E" model.

If you plan on going off road less than 30% of the time you have the bike, the 610 handles better on the tarmac than the big XR, and the DRZ will get the best gas mileage of the bunch and is the lightest... but not by that much.

The XR is the most durable, by far, from my experience and at least here in the states, the parts are very easy to find. The TE510 would be the hands down choice, but it sounds like money doesn't grow on trees in Yugoslavia, either.

From my experience with Hondas and Husky 610's from 2005+, the Honda is a true off-road motorcycle. The Husky is more of a "Dual Sport", and for that matter so is the DRZ "E" model.

If you plan on going off road less than 30% of the time you have the bike, the 610 handles better on the tarmac than the big XR, and the DRZ will get the best gas mileage of the bunch and is the lightest... but not by that much.

The XR is the most durable, by far, from my experience and at least here in the states, the parts are very easy to find. The TE510 would be the hands down choice, but it sounds like money doesn't grow on trees in Yugoslavia, either.

I agree, i think the XR is the most durable, but i dont think the DRZ S is lighter than the XR, its actually almost 20 pounds hevier. I think only the K model is similar in weight.

XR 277 Dry

DRZ 290 something Dry, 317 Wet

Ive never ridden a husky but i have ridden both a DRZS and my own XR650R. The XR really feels like more of a dirtbike, its not nessesarily comfortable, vibrates more, but creates a shit load more power, and is more fun to ride.

I have an '03 DRZ400S and just bought and plated a brand-spankin new '07 XR650R. The DRZ400S is heavier, but it is street ready... the XR650R is a bit lighter, but I had to add lighting for street use. I am selling my DRZ because I wanted a 90% dirt, 10% street bike that is reliable. The DRZ fit the bill, but I wanted more power. Rather than spend a few $$$$ on a new carb, pipe and other mods, I bought the XR650R. The XR will have more power stock than the DRZ with lots of mods. I'm much more of a Honda rider anyway, so the XR was not a hard choice. I looked at the Husky's & KTM's, but the KTM's are too pricey and require more maintenance and there is not a Husky dealer within 200 miles of where I live. I think I still would have chosen the Honda. As for the DRZ400E, my friend in Australia just bought one that was street legal from the factory and he loves it. Too bad the US emissions choke out the DRZ-E chances of being street-legal-from-the-factory in the US.

I think the XR650R is a great choice if you want a great dirt bike that has power, reliability and is easily made street legal. I found a good deal on mine and there are not many left in the dealers. I'm curious what Honda will have in '09, but I went ahead with purchasing my '07 'caus I'm sure the '09's will cost more. Just my 2 cents...

Dan

Honda dealer for Srbija does not have any XR650r new(2007 model)-If they have I would surely buy it,therefore I`m also more of a Honda rider and I love XR`s.

Ivan

When we should might expect newness from Honda off road department-maybe something like XR-advanced?

Yesterday,I`m take a new Te610ie on a test drive-this are mine impressions:

I`m very dissatisfied with Husky-too heavy and plastics are worse than XR-s-All in all,more street bike than off road-seems to me very breakable and comparatively to my XR600 (1994),Te610 is bad choice for new enduro bike...

I`m expect much more from new technology bike-but alongside of more maintaining and 6500eur price-hmm.👍

Anyway,XR600r(even 1994) is better enduro bike than Te610(new)-that`s my opinion.

So-I must take a DRZ for test drive and see from my experience good and bad sides of him.

Luckily,old XR still run like a dream.:worthy:

Ivan

I think your gonna want an XR650R. The Dr is a good bike..nobody can state otherwise. But like others have stated its 20-30 lbs heavier, a weaker suspension than the XR. It is off road capable but not as good as the Xr and when you twist the throttle your XR600 will still easily out perform a new

DR400.