Sign in to follow this  

OffRoad Josh Morros Injured

Josh Morros was seriously injured at the National H&H in Utah.

This was posted on the WORCS website.

Get well soon Josh, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kraig Traum

AMA-D36 Enduro Steward

http://www.worcsracing.com/newsfull.php?ID=486

As you read in Steve Achey's quick wrap up of Destry's AMA Hare & Hound Championship (by the way congrats Destry on an awesome ride in '08 and another Championship), you may have read that Monster Energy's Kawasaki's rookie sensation Josh Morros was injured in a high speed crash yesterday at the Hare & Hound. Reports were Josh was ripping through a high speed section tapped out when he came upon a G-out section. Josh was thrown over the bars and suffered a serious accident. As Steve mentioned Destry did stay with him until help arrived, then was airlifted out to Intermountain Medical Center (IMS) in Salt Lake City, UT. Josh has been placed under a 74 hour watch where he has slipped into a coma. Some of the best Dr.s in the country will carefuly watch Josh's progression and hopefully make a full recovery of this. Reports are Josh has suffered a broken neck, broken back, broken hand, broken nose, possible broken leg, facial lacerations, and the most concerned, head trama where again he is under current observation.

* Note: I spoke to a representative at Intermountain late last night, and no flowers, cards or obviously calls will be accepted while Josh is in ICU. If you would like to send Josh an email or drop a quick line, you can at joshmorros351@hotmail.com or visit his website at www.joshmorros.com

From WORCS Racing, the fans and all your friends and family Josh, our prayers are with you and your family and to a full and speedy recovery to you.

Jason Reed- WORCS Racing

If I know Josh well enough he will fight through this! Josh has the drive of no other and, is a incredible athlete. Josh was going to be the backbone for the Jr trophy team on the ISDE this year. I was looking forward to see Josh rip it up in Greece but, now all I am doing is praying for the little stud. Please send all your prayers and, love to Josh.

Wow! Hate to hear about these accidents. Our prayers for the Morros family.

Via Motomouth: Teresa just sent this latest text at 4:12 PM: The doctor made his rounds and I feel good by the report. They feel we are over the hump with the major swelling - may have some more that might need treatment but the scary part that would require surgery they feel is over. The same doctor that could not give hope on Monday is saying my kid is a fighter....we all knew that! his body is fighting off everything thrown his way so far and I know it will continue. he is still sedated and hopefully by friday they will stop those meds and then he will wake up!!!!!! Thanks for all the prayers and love for Josh and us. It means the world to us and gives us strength. I will keep the good news coming!!!!!

Josh we all hope you make a full recovery

Destry, my hates off to you, what a great person and champion!!

Why you hates Destry? He is a good guy!👍

Any updates on his condition?

Directly from Josh's website:

Josh Morros was In a Serious Crash

Josh was racing in Wendover Nevada in the National Hair and Hound race when he went over the handlebars landing on his head. He is in intensive care with brain trauma and the doctors are trying to keep the swelling down. He currently is in a medicated coma. He has a fractured collar bone, broken ribs, a bruised lung, and a broken nose. Please keep Josh and the Morros Family in your prayers.

Hang in there, Josh.

From Destry's site

It's official!!! I just got off the phone with Teresa and the Doctors have said Josh is out of the coma!!!! He still hasn't spoken and as Teresa said earlier, it is going to be a slow process. However he's waking up on demand now and even giving her the thumbs up when she asks. He will have to relearn basic motor skills like eating, etc. , but based on his progress and his competitive nature they think it will go fairly quick. They are so excited and when I talked to her last night, she had a feeling this would happen soon! She could see more of a sparkle in his eyes then before and he was much more active and responsive. I told Des, who just landed in New York, and he's so excited!!! Today's our anniversary and Des and I feel that this was the best present we could have received!!! Keep checking back for more updates!

Thats some good news and hope he will just keep getting better!

From racetalk, Motomouth says;Well we just got off the phone with Josh - yeah that's right Josh. Teresa held the phone and I had Toomey, Casey, Carter, Rumbaugh, Kite and Kathy and I on speaker phone so he could hear his buddies. Teresa said he was laughing and smiling and trying to talk to us. He will probably get the trach out tomorrow. Josh took seven steps today on the bars, helped the therapists get him out of bed and back into bed, dressed for the first time since he went into the hospital (helped them dress him), got the catheter out. Wow it keeps getting better. Teresa went and bought him some new clothes. The boys are outside now making a video to send to Josh - I think it will be R rated with that bunch - I see several full moons outside right now. Keep up the prayers and positive thoughts. Sounds like Josh is doing better!👍

I've searched around a bit for an update on Josh - anyone know what his or his family's website might be? Keeping them in our thoughts - and hoping he's recovering!

Mr. Morros and Family were @ the WORCS race in Taft, Ca. over the weekend. It was awesome seeing him out @ the races walking around.

Stay strong Mr. Morros.............🤣