Sign in to follow this  

Occaisonal Sqeak

Does this only happen when you are riding the bike, or does it happen when you are sitting still also? I thought that my motor was making noises when it was under load once, and it turned out to be that I was riding the rear brake until the brake rotor was really hot. I lowered my rear brake a little, and the noise was no more. I would have never guessed it in a million years, but it sounded like a bad bearing.👍 It was not my greatest moment, but I was happy that the problem was resolved without any cost to me.

How many hours are on the bike, and can you tell where it is coming from?

You dont really have a lot of hours on the bike, so I cant really see it being something serious, barring soem freak of nature event. Keep a close eye on it to see if it gets worse. I wouldnt freak out abou it till you notice it getting progressively worse. If you are really worried, pop the head cover off and look eto see if there appears to be any excessive wear that just doesnt belong. Short of taking it all apart, there isnt a lot more you can do. Have you cleaned out that little oil strainer? if that is clogged, that will restrict oil flow, and possibly cause this squeal and a whole lot more.

My 06 Squeaks also. Mostly at Idle or at low rpm with a slight load (riding through the pits in first gear). After some investigating I found that the side plastic and fuel tank vibrate a little at idle and squeak. Put your hand on the side plastic and it should stop. I'm not sure if there is a permanent fix. I've just accepted it.