Honda XR650r vs Husqvarna TE610ie vs Suzuki Drz 400e

Hi!I`m decide to buy new bike...I like my Xr600r but he`s `94 and I think that is the time for something new or newer...

So,frankly-If I could buy new XR650r-that will be my choice,but reality is that i must choose between:

Honda XR650r(used and very rare in my country);

Husqvarna Te610ie(new);

Suzuki DRZ400e(new);

I don't need fast bike-I need bike which is capable for off road,trails to 100km distance and city driving...

Also,reliability,costs and intervals of maintenance are very important to me-something like Xr600 if it`s possible.

I`m notise that Te610 and Drz only have E start(without kick S)-Is that may be a problem?

So,what you think?

Ivan

From your requirements I would recommend the DRZ. I don't know how the availability of parts are over there, but you say the Honda is rare, so I assume parts would be easier to find for the DRZ. Here you can get a DRZ for thousands less than the Husky. It will also get better fuel economy than the other 2. Good luck, ? Ken

i have a te450 with street wheels, my friend has a drz400 SM

The only nice thing about the 400 is its taller gearing for topend on the street, but I feel if I changed the sprockets on the 450 it would be more comparable.

I like the suspension better on the husky for offroad.

EDIt - I mean street tires (stock wheels)

Thanks for quick answers.?

Anyway:

Husqvarna TE610-6500eur

Suzuki DRZ400e-5500eur

Honda XR650r-?(possibly 5000-6000eur used)

This are recently prices,but I`m wait for winter price-cuttings-maybe 500eur less on each...

I need oppinions as much as possible,so-please,keep update...

Ivan

Thanks for quick answers.?

Anyway:

Husqvarna TE610-6500eur

Suzuki DRZ400e-5500eur

Honda XR650r-?(possibly 5000-6000eur used)

This are recently prices,but I`m wait for winter price-cuttings-maybe 500eur less on each...

I need oppinions as much as possible,so-please,keep update...

Ivan

The Husky is worth more than 500Eur more than a DRZ....In that case get the Husky!

The Husky is worth more than 500Eur more than a DRZ....In that case get the Husky!

Let me quess...math major:p :worthy:

If the difference is only 1000Eur I would go with the Husky. Here you would probably pay $8000 for the husky and less than $6000 for the DRZ.? Ken

Hi!I`m decide to buy new bike...I like my Xr600r but he`s `94 and I think that is the time for something new or newer...

So,frankly-If I could buy new XR650r-that will be my choice,but reality is that i must choose between:

Honda XR650r(used and very rare in my country);

Husqvarna Te610ie(new);

Suzuki DRZ400e(new);

I don't need fast bike-I need bike which is capable for off road,trails to 100km distance and city driving...

Also,reliability,costs and intervals of maintenance are very important to me-something like Xr600 if it`s possible.

I`m notise that Te610 and Drz only have E start(without kick S)-Is that may be a problem?

So,what you think?

Ivan

My wife made me read this post out loud to her. ?

From your requirements I would recommend the DRZ. I don't know how the availability of parts are over there, but you say the Honda is rare, so I assume parts would be easier to find for the DRZ. Here you can get a DRZ for thousands less than the Husky. It will also get better fuel economy than the other 2. Good luck, ? Ken

That is just crazy talk. Gear the TE for anything remotely close to the same performance as a DRZ, and it will get 20% better fuel economy...

Originally Posted by Flashman

Have owned both and while the Suzy was nice, the Husky does everything better.

More power, handles better, a wonderful wide range 6 speed.

Dispite what Suzuki says the DRZS is within 10 pounds wieght fo the TE.

That is true.

But the Suzuki carries its weight up high, feels like 400lbs/181kg when lifting it in mud.

First let me state I have a Husky crown Tattoo.Of the three I feel that the Honda would be a far better choice.It was designed to be hammered for long periods of time,it has a tons of usable power,handles its weight very well.It can be ridden on everything from single track to wide open high speed desert stuff without changing a thing.I never liked the 650 until I had the chance to race one.Just my$.02.

My wife made me read this post out loud to her. ?

As much I see-You have XR600r(`95) and TE610(2008)-so,I suppos that you have been in similar dilemma like me and opt for Husky.Are you satisfied with your choice(any regrets)?

Let me quess...math major:p :busted:

If the difference is only 1000Eur I would go with the Husky. Here you would probably pay $8000 for the husky and less than $6000 for the DRZ.:worthy: Ken

Joliet,did you mean-$8000 for TE610 or TE450/510?In Srbija Te510 is about 8600eur.

First let me state I have a Husky crown Tattoo.Of the three I feel that the Honda would be a far better choice.It was designed to be hammered for long periods of time,it has a tons of usable power,handles its weight very well.It can be ridden on everything from single track to wide open high speed desert stuff without changing a thing.I never liked the 650 until I had the chance to race one.Just my$.02.

I have same opinion-but,what concern me is buying second-hand bike and that is always risk.Anyway,thanks for honest answer.

Ivan

Joliet,did you mean-$8000 for TE610 or TE450/510?In Srbija Te510 is about 8600eur.

I was talking about the TE610

So,in California is 1350eur difference in price between TE610 and DRZ400e...

Here`s that difference is 1000eur...

And Ken,If you in my positione you will buy Te610-right?

Ivan

I think the Husky will do everything better than the DRZ except for fuel economy, I still think the suzuki will get better milage than the Husky. But my experience is with the DRZ S model, it does not have the FRC pumper carb like the DRZ E model does.

The bling factor goes to the husky, it is a much better looking bike. I think it would boil down to parts availability and price.

Now I am going to open up a can of stuff and say that I think the 2 most reliable bikes that fit the bill that you are looking for are the Honda XR400 and the DRZ400 with the Honda 600/650 a close third.

Excuse me know while I go put on my Nomex. ? Ken

As much I see-You have XR600r(`95) and TE610(2008)-so,I suppos that you have been in similar dilemma like me and opt for Husky.Are you satisfied with your choice(any regrets)?

If the XR was street legal and electric start I would have never went shopping for a dual sport. That said the Husky is pure sex to look at. It's a really fun bike to ride and has all the latest amenities. I have no regrets.

I'm keeping the XR because it's impossible to kill and I have it set-up just right.

A few friends have DRZ 400's. They are heavier feeling and have no where near the power.

XR's & DRZ's= cookie cutters

Husky's= hot euro fun