Honda XR650r vs Husqvarna Te610ie vs Suzuki DRZ400e

Hi!I`m decide to buy new bike...I like my Xr600r but he`s `94 and I think that is the time for something new or newer...

So,frankly-If I could buy new XR650r-that will be my choice,but reality is that i must choose between:

Honda XR650r(used and very rare in my country);

Husqvarna Te610ie(new);

Suzuki DRZ400e(new);

I don't need fast bike-I need bike which is capable for off road,trails to 100km distance and city driving...

Also,reliability,costs and intervals of maintenance are very important to me-something like Xr600 if it`s possible.

I`m notise that Te610 and Drz only have E start(without kick S)-Is that may be a problem?

So,what you think?

Ivan

Kako si neighbor ?!

I think DRZ 'E is what you looking for for , good for city and good for trails .

As for reliability and costs if the cheaper from xr650r and 610 , HSVA is on of the most expensive companies for parts in my country . Honda is also one of them . 100 km is fine for drz , yesterday i did a little travel comming back from vacations with mine , 180+180km in highway .

Also for DRZ you can find many many things in net in real cheap prices !

Ciao Ivan !

Kako si neighbor ?!

I think DRZ 'E is what you looking for for , good for city and good for trails .

As for reliability and costs if the cheaper from xr650r and 610 , HSVA is on of the most expensive companies for parts in my country . Honda is also one of them . 100 km is fine for drz , yesterday i did a little travel comming back from vacations with mine , 180+180km in highway .

Also for DRZ you can find many many things in net in real cheap prices !

Ciao Ivan !

απρόοπτα!?

Thanks for opinions...

Impossibility of kick Starting is not problem to you?

εγκάρδιος Γεια neighbor...:worthy:

Ivan

Hi Ivan, on my DRZ-E, the electric start has been very reliable for me after many, many miles of riding. My electrical system has let me down more than once, but on those occasions the bike jump started in 2nd or 3rd gear easy enough. It was not the fault of the starter system, apart from a starter relay failing once, actually it failed twice to be honest.

Not sure, but you are a lot closer to the home of Huski than we are on our remote south island below the equator, so your Huski parts and service costs may be less than ours. I used to own the old 510 automatic husky enduro bike, I loved it.

But, I must say my DRZ-E has been the best all-round trail bike I have ever owned. I've not owned the big XR650, but have had the 400 version, The DRZ beats the XR400 hands down as a bike to live and travel with in my experience. New DRZ-E is a good, solid bike, easy to service yourself, just like the Honda XR's.

Happy choosing. ?

Hi Ivan, on my DRZ-E, the electric start has been very reliable for me after many, many miles of riding. My electrical system has let me down more than once, but on those occasions the bike jump started in 2nd or 3rd gear easy enough. It was not the fault of the starter system, apart from a starter relay failing once, actually it failed twice to be honest.

Not sure, but you are a lot closer to the home of Huski than we are on our remote south island below the equator, so your Huski parts and service costs may be less than ours. I used to own the old 510 automatic husky enduro bike, I loved it.

But, I must say my DRZ-E has been the best all-round trail bike I have ever owned. I've not owned the big XR650, but have had the 400 version, The DRZ beats the XR400 hands down as a bike to live and travel with in my experience.New DRZ-E is a good, solid bike, easy to service yourself, just like the Honda XR's.Happy choosing. ?

Thanks Steve...These comparision(reliability and easy service) with Xr400 is very helpful.It appears to me that the impossibility off kick S is only disadvantage of DRZ.

Ivan

My brother in law was in the exact same position....was currently riding an older XR 600. The bike was starting to show it's age with a ferw parts failing here and there, so he decided it was time for a new bike....he chose the DRZ. The DRZ won't have the torque of the 600, but I can tell you the DRZ is much more ridable as the 600 is a heavy beast offroad!

On paper the DRZ E makes more HP than even the 600. I think the 600 is around 35, but the 600 kills the Z on torque. The XR power is very linear where as the Z has more of a mid range hit.

wellcome to TT Ivan

this forum is the coolest I have ever been on

ware can you help a guy from Yugoslavia wile sitting in IOWA

the kickstarter bolts rite in to the DRZ traney .... as for how much I just saw one go on Ebay for under $150 --- have no clue how much that it would be for you

if you get the DRZ take the time to locktite all the little bolts ( there are HOW-TO in the FAQ section )

change the oil offton

1000 miles for road use

500 miles off road use

and if you buy new change the oil after the furst 50miles

Yesterday,I`m take a new Te610ie on a test drive-this are mine impressions:

I`m very dissatisfied with Husky-too heavy and plastics are worse than XR-s-All in all,more street bike than off road-seems to me very breakable and comparatively to my XR600 (1994),Te610 is bad choice for new enduro bike...

I`m expect much more from new technology bike-but alongside of more maintaining and 6500eur price-hmm.?

Anyway,XR600r(even 1994) is better enduro bike than Te610(new)-that`s my opinion.

So-I must take a DRZ for test drive and see from my experience good and bad sides of him.

Luckily,old XR still run like a dream.:worthy:

Ivan

Get an 'E model , it's more power full and has lees weight than 'S model .

Or if you come to Athens i 'll give you mine for a test drive ! No 'E model but same power .

Yes,i shall have E model for test ride...

And,thanks for your offer Smias.?

Please report on DRZ rest drive.

Definitely...

Ivan