What boots should I buy ?

Before the summer holiday I noticed that on the last 4 rides I had, my boots were getting real tight and real stiff. After every singe ride I would have a huge bruise on my right leg. You could see the buckle marks in my leg. So I have been looking for new boots the whole holiday.

This are the boots I've been looking at the past few weeks:

Thor - 2009 Quadrant Boots (I was also looking at 08 but 09 is probably better:thumbsup: )

$149.95

Gaerne - 2009 GX1 Boots

$169.99

Fox - 2007 F3 BOOT (Heard a lot of bad and good stuff about these boots:excuseme: )

$179.99

Fox - 2009 Comp 5 Boots (Haven`t heard anything about them:excuseme: )

$159.95

Alpinestars - Tech 3 Boots are they good :D

$169.99

Alpinestars - Tech 6 Boots

$109.95 ? but they don`t have my size :banghead:

SixSixOne - 2007 Comp Boots (Adult & Youth) (it seems like it`s a low quality boot:confused: )

$119.99

Alpinestars - Vector Boots seems like an okay boot :worthy:

$159.95

I've also seen some decent looking boots from answer,fly,axo etc. But I want to go with a more well known brand :ride:

My current boots are fox forma coma. I like them alot but they are getting kind of dull and worn out so I need some new ones.

There are so many to choose from but I want a boot that has a reasonable price, good quality and that offers a lot of comfort and protection. I ride a lot of long distance trails in the desert and I also do a lot of dune riding.

Before the summer holiday I noticed that on the last 4 rides I had, my boots were getting real tight and real stiff. After every singe ride I would have a huge bruise on my right leg. You could see the buckle marks in my leg. So I have been looking for new boots the whole holiday.

Thor - 2009 Quadrant Boots (I was also looking at 08 but 09 is probably better:thumbsup: )

$149.95

Gaerne - 2009 GX1 Boots

$169.99

Fox - 2007 F3 BOOT (Heard a lot of bad and good stuff about these boots:excuseme: )

$179.99

Fox - 2009 Comp 5 Boots (Haven`t heard anything about them:excuseme: )

$159.95

Alpinestars - Tech 3 Boots are they good :D

$169.99

$109.95 ? but they don`t have my size :banghead:

SixSixOne - 2007 Comp Boots (Adult & Youth) (it seems like it`s a low quality boot:confused: )

$119.99

Alpinestars - Vector Boots seams like an okay boot :worthy:

$159.95

I've also seen some decent looking boots from answer,fly,axo etc. But I want to go with a more well known brand :ride:

My current boots are fox forma coma. I like them alot but they are getting kind of dull and worn out so I need some new ones.

There are so many to choose from but I want a boot that has a reasonable price, good quality and that offers a lot of comfort and protection. I ride a lot of long distance trails in the desert and I also do a lot of dune riding.

I think rockymountainmc has the thor quadrant boots for $80. Also consider the gaerne boots. If they are anywhere close to how good my gaerne sg10's aree then they are well worth the money. In fact, If you are willing to spend some extra money you should get the sg10's. I got mine for $250.

I think rockymountainmc has the thor quadrant boots for $80. Also consider the gaerne boots. If they are anywhere close to how good my gaerne sg10's aree then they are well worth the money. In fact, If you are willing to spend some extra money you should get the sg10's. I got mine for $250.

please tell me where you got them for 250...

My quadrants, which are great boots for the money, are getting worn out. The sole is chunking, but i got them for only 100 bucks. I've had them 2.5 years however.

Anyone know of a boot with locking buckles so you don't have to adjust them every time you put them on?

Like I told the other fella, get some Gaerne's. For the deal of the century on high quality, Italian made Gaerne boots, go here. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=closeout&webTypeId=27&navTitle=Footwear&webCatId=3&prodFamilyId=21331

I have a 3 pairs, I ride when it is wet alot and multiple days a week.

The Vectors cling and hold the pegs better in the wet better then any other

boot, but they are vented and just allow water to pour in, first choice.

I have a pair of the low end Gaerne's. These are not as good as the top

of the line product. A close second but a second none the less.

Thor, You want to buy them? Last choice and take them of the list.

Look at Rocky Mt top of the line boot or Ebay a good used pair. Of the

ones you list. Vectors.

Admittedly, I don't know a hell of a lot about boots, but since I had to duct tape my fox forma pros when the top two buckles broke last ride. (actually I believe when the top one broke and FELL OFF it overstressed the lower one) and hearing other people's opinions on fox boots in general, I doubt I'll ever own a pair again. I'm not one of those jackasses that gets all pissed at companies and never buys their products again, but considering all the great options on boots out there, I can't see risking buying Fox (boots, not everything) in the reasonable future.

please tell me where you got them for 250...

My quadrants, which are great boots for the money, are getting worn out. The sole is chunking, but i got them for only 100 bucks. I've had them 2.5 years however.

I got them a while back and it was there last pair. This place is $280 http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?pid=2500

Like I told the other fella, get some Gaerne's. For the deal of the century on high quality, Italian made Gaerne boots, go here. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=closeout&webTypeId=27&navTitle=Footwear&webCatId=3&prodFamilyId=21331

I was about to say that. I got my Gaerne's from RM for the $99 and I am 100% happy. They are very comfortable, and a great boot, especially for $99!

I have a 3 pairs, I ride when it is wet alot and multiple days a week.

The Vectors cling and hold the pegs better in the wet better then any other

boot, but they are vented and just allow water to pour in, first choice.

I have a pair of the low end Gaerne's. These are not as good as the top

of the line product. A close second but a second none the less.

Thor, You want to buy them? Last choice and take them of the list.

Look at Rocky Mt top of the line boot or Ebay a good used pair. Of the

ones you list. Vectors.

I didn't say I wanted to buy them. Just said I was looking at them. Is there a huge difference between btosports and rocky mt btw ?

Thanks for helping out everyone ?

i've been looking at all the boots you told me about. I am still not shure of what boot I should buy. But as I was looking through all the boots, I suddenly found the SixSixOne - 2008 Flight Boot for $219.99 at btosports.com. The black ones looks awesome. But are they any good and does anybody have any experience with these boots ?

Anyways my eyes are starting to like the italian boots as well. I am travelling in a few hours so I will tell you later what boot i will go for. Thanks for the help.:worthy:

Okay the boots that are in the final is:

Alpinestars - Tech 3 Boots

$169.99 I was riding with a guy yesterday that said he liked them a lot and that he is real pleased with them.

SixSixOne - 2008 Flight Boot $219.99 You can get a lot of spare parts for it and I haven't seen that much spare parts for the tech 3's.

So what boot should I get. I really like the look of the red and black tech 3's and I also like the look of the red and black flight boots. They both look so sick and I can't decide which one to get???? Please help me ?

Okay the boots that are in the final is:

Alpinestars - Tech 3 Boots

$169.99 I was riding with a guy yesterday that said he liked them a lot and that he is real pleased with them.

SixSixOne - 2008 Flight Boot $219.99 You can get a lot of spare parts for it and I haven't seen that much spare parts for the tech 3's.

So what boot should I get. I really like the look of the red and black tech 3's and I also like the look of the red and black flight boots. They both look so sick and I can't decide which one to get???? Please help me ?

I would highly recommend getting the $99 Gaerne Cypher's from RM, very good boots.

Thor - 2009 Quadrant Boots (I was also looking at 08 but 09 is probably better )

$149.95

Gaerne - 2009 GX1 Boots

$169.99

Fox - 2007 F3 BOOT (Heard a lot of bad and good stuff about these boots )

$179.99

Fox - 2009 Comp 5 Boots (Haven`t heard anything about them )

$159.95

Alpinestars - Tech 3 Boots are they good

$169.99

$109.95 but they don`t have my size

SixSixOne - 2007 Comp Boots (Adult & Youth) (it seems like it`s a low quality boot )

$119.99

Alpinestars - Vector Boots seems like an okay boot

$159.95

I've also seen some decent looking boots from answer,fly,axo etc. But I want to go with a more well known brand

There are so many to choose from but I want a boot that has a reasonable price, good

I would buy the tech 6's or the f3 I've heard really great things about them.?