Sign in to follow this  

Where do you guys order your supplies?

My bike is in need of an oil change and I was curious as to where you guys order supplies. My dealer is about 45 miles away in a direction that I never go, so I was going to order the filter from somewhere.

Thanks

My bike is in need of an oil change and I was curious as to where you guys order supplies. My dealer is about 45 miles away in a direction that I never go, so I was going to order the filter from somewhere.

Thanks

For Suzuki parts, I've had pretty good luck with Babbitt's. Good prices.

Babbitt's

Hmmm... I just changed the oil on my new (new to me) '06 DR650SE... I just used the Quaker State SAE 10w40, and changed out the oil filter with a Suzuki filter. Is the Suzuki brand better somehow, or do you all use synthetics? What brand is typically the best?

Ditto on Bike Bandit, I usually get orders in 2 to 3 days. I just wish they would quit sending me e mails on 'specials' all the time.

Hmmm... I just changed the oil on my new (new to me) '06 DR650SE... I just used the Quaker State SAE 10w40, and changed out the oil filter with a Suzuki filter. Is the Suzuki brand better somehow, or do you all use synthetics? What brand is typically the best?

i use the OEM suzuki filter with 10w40 castrol syntec it doesnt break down as fast under higher stress, but reg quaker state would work just fine, i just use the syntec in my car too.

i'm assuming you're asking about oil even though your parting mention concerns a suzuki oil filter.

rotella T is very popular oil. the DR often has hard shifting issues with synth oil. try rotella T synth and see how it shifts. if rough, then start using rotella T regular oil.

Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post

Are you guys using regular auto oil. I buy the motorcycle oil that says for wet clutches on it. Mobil one if I have extra money 10.00 a quart. I just assumed there was a difference between auto and cycle oil.

and i buy rockymountain or www.oemcycle.com to answers the original post

You guys are all looking at expensive places for OEM parts.

Bikebandit and that OEMcycles are charging full retail price. Thumpertalk's OEm store can get you DR650 parts even though the model isn't listed. All you have to do is get the part number from another microfish site and put it in the TT OEM part search box. Another one i tried (but wouldn't ship to me O/S) is cheapcycleparts.com

as for accessories TT are a great price again. I searched everywhere and left TT til last and they matched pretty much every best price i found, plus have the best international shipping (i hope I haven't recieved the parts yet)

Ditto on Bike Bandit, I usually get orders in 2 to 3 days. I just wish they would quit sending me e mails on 'specials' all the time.

I GET my order in 2-3 days after they ship, but it seems like the order is never shipped even within a week of me placing the order.

I GET my order in 2-3 days after they ship, but it seems like the order is never shipped even within a week of me placing the order.

I placed my order last Thursday at Bike Bandit and they still show my order as "On Order" or "In Progress", it hasn't even been shipped yet. How long does it take to get stuff processed there?

I know I can order my Jeep stuff and have that stuff within 3 or 4 days. At this rate I won't have my stuff until after the holiday weekend. And the worst part is I had to order an oil filter O-Ring because mine got messed up when I changed the filter and I can't ride my bike until I get it. I may have to stop at the dealer this weekend to pick one up just so I can ride.

^^ Well you gotta realize Bikebandit isn't a specialized parts dealer or anything unlike Jeep. Its unlikely they have every single part in stock all the time.

For DR specific stuff Jeff from Procycle is awesome to deal with, as well as Jesse from Kientech.

For OEM parts mrcycles has great prices, as well as flatoutmotorcycles. Haven't tried the TT store yet.

Denniskirk.com is pretty good I usually spend the bulk of my money there unless I need a real specialized parts, They come out of Minnesota so it's free shipping for me (I live in Southern WI) I'm not sure where you are at in Illinois, but it might be free shipping for you too (I usually get my stuff within 2 working days) Also Parts Unlimited is in Janesville WI real close to the border two. Hope this helps:ride:

i ordered from tpix4x on 28.9.2008 and got me farkles today being 7.10.08

not too bad for the other side of the planet

ordered a 12 v handle/bar ciggy plug , acerbis front guard , magnetic sump plug and rear brake cylinder cover ,$103.00 US delivered

also changed the oil @ 400 Klms after flogging the **** out of it on the big hills running it in

sounds like shit/250 , but goes good yeah !

engine is still tight , but she needed a new filter and oil before i was gunna flog the **** out of it again 8 )