Swimming Hole Reconnaissance Ride

Wow!

Can you say dusty? Some spots on the trails had 1 ft of silt & chalk. We had to space out............................ far.

It was easy to find out which way your partner went............ all you had to do was follow all the dust in the air. :ride:

The water was very low. A few creeks were even dried up, just rocks.

Elkin's & Gold note need rain!!!!!! Bad!!!! :banghead:

We rode all day 50+ miles. It was 9:00 pm when I got home. We only saw 1 other bike @ the stagging area. We did see two quads. The trails at Gold Note are so wide, you could drive a truck & trailer on them. The place was deserted. :banghead: Hot & dusty were the reasons why.

Eldorado650 took us out and tried to kill us. He took us out to 1 nasty spot after another. I did see some new stuff. Nothing a normal person would ride. :):worthy::banghead: The Hill of Death was fun & the back way to the swimming hole. :D

Poor Ron is never going to ride with the TT crowd again!

ElkinsFlat001.jpg

ElkinsFlat003.jpg

ElkinsFlat005.jpg

Yes Sean, THERE ARE HILLS AT ELKINS FLAT!

I knew the pictures would flatten out that hill.

Oh well - It was a fun ride.

Was pretty hot - and the dust - NorCal in summer - what can you say.

BTW - TrailSquid is up for another ride this Sunday with me.

I think he did have a good time after all - boil-overs and all.:)

superslyko - let me know when you want to hit is again.

I will ride with ya anytime.

Another couple of months - and then the rain.

I hate Nor-Cal in the Summer:foul: - but all other seasons - it is heaven:applause: .

Like they say - you cannot have good without evil:excuseme: .

• Like 1

The beer on the trail was a HUGE highlight! There was even Ice in the bag!!!!! Sean knows how to live!!!!

Never before have I had that LUXURY!

The CR500 is a torque monster. It pulled from the bottom like a mule. Made my bike feel like a tricycle. :D

The trials tire does not like the silty loam. It just spun & spun. Realistically, only a paddle tire would make it up some of those loose hills.

In the rocks & creek crossings........ it excelled, but that was only 2% of the trails we hit. :)

Poor Ron *** :D I had a blast, love that kind of abuse, were giong back next weekend. Hmm i could be wrong, but i thought that was you Slyko, that said something about get me the F$#@ outta here and on to some regular trails:busted: Amazing how pictures make everything look so easy, That hill was :) Shawn, thanks again for taking us , looking forward to next weekend. Elkins flat & Gold note suck, nothing challenging there.

• Like 1

The beer on the trail was a HUGE highlight! There was even Ice in the bag!!!!! Sean knows how to live!!!!

Uh oh!!!

Better hope yzwiley doesn't read this!

. Elkins flat & Gold note suck, nothing challenging there.

regardless, both places are US forest service land with trails marked for dirt bikes and it's free to ride there. :D:):worthy: I love my Elkins and Gold note. Wife and I ride there often. Not challenging enough for ya? go faster.

regardless, both places are US forest service land with trails marked for dirt bikes and it's free to ride there. :D:):worthy: I love my Elkins and Gold note. Wife and I ride there often. Not challenging enough for ya? go faster.

LIGHTEN UP, Im only being sarcastic . I love the place also. Sapiago Cr road is 17 minutes from my driveway, i ride there almost every weekend regardless of the dust or heat. I cant go any faster, I crash enough just going slow:thumbsup:

We rode sum stuff that was so nasty, steep & loose, I have a new found respect for Elkins.

The best was when we'd get stuck and have to burn the tire. The dust we thru up was incredible!!!! They pack everybody on a few trails, the result is that little area gets hammered. :ride:

I must ride again with you soon, after a good rain, ElDorado650, I wanna see the Bee trail, the Chinese Aqueduct, and more dirt roads!!! :worthy::)

Come on out next month. I'll pray for rain till then.

I did enjoy the funny names.........:D ......... The Cow Trail, The Bee Trail, The Hill of Death, The Whirlpool swimming hole............... etc.

Just for the record:

Much of the "SSS" stuff is private land and

much of it I have permession to ride as a family friend has

almost 3000 acres in that vicinity.

Had permission in the Wetsel Oviatt days of the saw mill.

My grandpa was truck boss for them, so we had

some good priviliges in the area.

That area is a little greater than 40,000 acres.

Sierra Pacific is not so garcious.

Oh well, that is how things go.

My cousin still has keys to many of those gates,

albeit the ones SP has not changed from the Wetsel days.

Sounds like a great ride. :D I thought the recon. ride was NEXT weekend :worthy:

OH WELL, I'll catch ya (and beer on the trail)next time.:)

ElDorado.............. your son was HUGE! At 15 he is a MONSTER!!!!!! Look out!!!!!!!! Wow!!!! The one thing I forgot to tell him, while he was so proud of his father and his motorcycle skills....................., "Your Dad just tried to kill us!" :D

Squiddy............ you are unbelievable. You just kept going & going & going. Kinda like the Energizer Bunny. I had to smile at the end when were deciding which way to go, "I'm done................ I'm going back to the truck!", I said .:busted: ElDorado was intent on doing one more trail, but you said, "I'm going with Slyko." :blah:

On the way home from Elkins, in the pitch black dark................. Blue to Black came on............................... Yeah............ I got it! 👍

Thanks again guys! I had a blast!!!!!!!

P.S. The water is low....... real low...... We just might have to sit in it and splash each other. :worthy:

P.S. The water is low....... real low...... We just might have to sit in it and splash each other. 👍
woooo:eek:

The big rumor is that Sierra Pacific is out in force righting tickets, for being on their land. What happens if you find yourself behind a gate, but got there via a open road???

Has anyone gotten any????

The big rumor is that Sierra Pacific is out in force righting tickets, for being on their land. What happens if you find yourself behind a gate, but got there via a open road???

Writing tickets?

So the next kid who cuts the corner and walks on my lawn can get a ticket from me. I'm sure they will go home and put the money in the mail.

You remeber the last citizen that wrote tickets in Chico for cars parked in handicap spot. He ended up in Jail for impersonating a police officer or someshit.

The big ticket writer on Sierra Pacific land is of all people...The Game Warden:busted:

Popped a buddy of mine Scott.

I asked - how did he catch you?

He was riding with his kid.

The old "Loser gets the Ticket" doesn't work too well when riding with your kid.

He has not got his summons to appear yet or the fine - I will keep you posted.

Sierra Pacific has stepped up the ticketing - though I don't think they are writing them.

They did the same thing at Wilseville (not sure the spelling) a few years back.

That place is about deserted from bikes now.

I think they will do the same here.

I have not had any run in's with them.

I plan on keeping it that way.

As far as busted behing a locked gate when you rode in from an open area - I don't know.

I have been told in my High School Days in Traffic Court by a judge:

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse".

I do not know how that would fly with the tresspassing.

Scott tried the "I'm lost" with the Game Warden - Still got the ticket.

It is almost to the point that the preception is you are an automatic outlaw if you are even sitting on a dirt bike.

Somebody once told me. 👍

If you stop for the Ranger............. nothing good can happen! :worthy:

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2008 at 11:11 AM, ElDorado650 said:

Just so you know - My boy is only 12!

plus 11 = 23 now.   Great ride report and photos .  ELD sckools Slyko. classic.  Sean on a 2 stroke?

imageproxy.jpg

Edited by bigbob

That was back in the day.  I still have the old CR500, but don't ride it much.

Slyko said Elkins Flat was flat - so I had to show him that is not true.

The boy is now 23 and living on his own.  Life is good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went to the hole 2 weekends ago. Flooded with campers. Im guessing 8 vehicles were across the creek. 

The river rock is extra special atm. Invisible alien slime, same stuff at Pit of Doom.

Edited by BigStick530
  • Like 1