Sign in to follow this  

Turn signal switch broke???

The black plastic that you slide back and forth cracked into 2 pieces, does anyone know if you can pull the yellow push clicker out, slide a new thumb slider (black plastic), then pop the yellow push button back down? I'm hoping I don't have to replace the entire piece. Does anyone have a link to the DRZ parts breakdown that the stealership uses?

Thanks!

Here's a link to Ron Ayers. The picture shows the switch assembly not exploded so it looks to me like you would have to buy the whole switch from a dealer. Maybe one of the people here has a switch laying around they aren't using and would part with for cheap.

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/2/Make/Suzuki/YearID/47/Year/2006/ModelID/7815/Model/DR_Z400S/GroupID/371402/Group/HANDLE_SWITCH_

Thanks for the help, looks like I'll have to cough up $75 for a new switch. Is the wiring hard wired or is there a male/female adapter somewhere?

Swapping the switch is a two minute job. Remove the headlight shroud and the vlecro'd on wire cover. Remove the screws on the switch and any zip tys on the bars. Screw the new switch on, swap wires, put tthe velcoe wire cover on, zipty tjhe wires to the bars, reinstall the shourd. Takes longer to type the instructions.

try MRCycle.com in Ashville NC. They are the cheapest i have found on OEM parts. if you'll call them on the phone, you can usually get them to sharpen their pencil a little but more on the price. i always deal with Ken in wholesale parts, i think his extension is 127 or 129.

Good luck!