Sign in to follow this  

02 CR250 Fork oil?

I was wondering if anyone can help me out? I've not clear on how much oil goes into the inner and how much goes into the outer. :)

Thanks for your help

Brett

Can fluid be added without taking the forks apart? Needing to add some fork oil, but not for sure the proper way to do it. Do the caps need to come off, or can some be added to the bleeder holes?? Same fork setup 02 cr250

i believe you can add through the bleeder holes.

it will save time and headaches if you just pull your forks off and change the oil, so you do not have 2 different amounts in your forks.

Hello all,

I have rebuild about 7 sets of twin chamber forks. You can just change the oil in the outer, this is the chamber that does most of the heavy hitting. the inner chamber is for rebound. in the outer tube you need to add depending on weight and riding level. minimum is 327 CC's for stock springs and max is 423 cc, so you want to start in the middle and add from there.

You can add and subtract from the bleed hole, although removing oil is tough without removing the fork.

if you are just changing the oil it is very important that you drain it for about 20-30 minutes. this will leave about 4-5cc's of oil left, so you would add accordingly per min and max levels.

anyway hope this helps. Oh and I rec, a 5wt oil in this type of fork as does the manual and change springs to support speed and wieght.

good luck