Sign in to follow this  

Power Valve Service - 07 WR250

I opened it up last night because the valve is sticking.

Right hand side was black everywhere. Left hand side was clean. Normal?

I disconnected the links to find out where it was stuck. It was the spool valve? (the one with the gear) on the right side. I got it freed up, but it doesn't want to come out. Looks like it sits in a bronze bushing and just pulls straight out? Any tricks, or does it just need more persuasion?

Also wondering what this valve does. Looks like it opens/closes a chamber to change the volume. Is that correct?

You need a puller to get the bushings out, if you don't have to take them out, don't, mine got sticky after i pulled them out.

The power valve changes the height of the port, closed for more bottom, the side ports open as well to give it more top end.

If you do take them out, make sure you line up the alignment dots on the gears and don't move the stop.

OK thanks.

It moves now, so I will leave it in.

A lot of goo inside, so I had to take the stops off to clean everything up. Next challenge is to decipher the instructions in the manual to re-set them.

Woodzi,

While you're at it, you might want to check the powervalve height. Mine was off spec from the factory. A couple of mm makes quite a difference.

Steve