Sign in to follow this  

Honda CT70 1992 Dim headlight

I have a CT70 with only 400 miles on it. Everything works really well except that the headlight is dim when it is running and off unless it is running. It has a new battery on a tender and the turn signals work, brake and tail lights work as does the horn when the bike is not running. Any ideas as to what is wrong? I checked the battery when it is running and the meter indicated a 12.5 volt charging rate.

do a volatage drop test, maybe u have high resistance in the headlight switch due to corrosion. verify the amount of volts at the light itself. then maybe upgrade the light

Headlight on a CT 70 is driven by the stator directly. It only operates when the engine is running. The light will be dim at idle (even flicker somewhat) and should reach full brightness at about 3,000 rpm.

Thank you for the reply. The brightness of the headlight does not change with engine speed. I have used a tesl light which is really bright even at idle. Could it be the headlight itself. I am reluctant to buy a 35 dollar bulb to test that. Thanks again, Glenn46