Sign in to follow this  

Oil in Airbox?

I race a 2006 Honda CRF250R but a friend of mine has a 2006 Honda CRF250X and he told me he has oil coming out of his airbox last night at the track do you guys know what this means?

jess

I race a 2006 Honda CRF250R but a friend of mine has a 2006 Honda CRF250X and he told me he has oil coming out of his airbox last night at the track do you guys know what this means?

jess

At the bottom of the airbox, there's a 1-way drain hose. It looks like a short hose that has been pinched off. I think it points toward the carb. If you slather your air filter in oil like I do, it will pool in the air box and then drain out that hose/vent. It's normal. Maybe it's for water/moisture build up, which is why the Rs don't have it.

Over oiled filter or oil gets in the a/b after a bike is layed over through the crankcase vent.

Over oiled filter or oil gets in the a/b after a bike is layed over through the crankcase vent.

what he said. I have had it happen once after failing to make it up a sandy hill climb and the bike laying on its side for a few stint while I worked at getting it aimed down hill and upright. Make sure to tell your friend to check his oil level in his crankcase any time you see this.....It doesnt take alot of oil loss to damage the motor.