Sign in to follow this  

Do the YZF's have Really Fast Rebound?

I have noticed that after my suspension broke in, it started to get a little harsh. After turning in my rebound on the forks and shock, it seemed to help settle things down. I went in 3 clicks on the forks and shock. It definately felt more planted, and would settle into turns with breaking bumps far better than before. Is this common with our suspension?

ye, at low speed yes, but if you hit braking bumps faster you need the faster rebound, or it will "pack" the fast rebound is for faster riders who hit things alot harder....

It does seem odd that slowing down the rebound on the forks eliminated the head shake, but I guess that was just rough terrain, and not breaking or acceleration bumps. Seeing as how I am a mid pack novice rider, it makes sence that I would like the slower rebound, it fits my slower riding ability better. :) Even at top of 4th gear speed on a long somewhat rough straight away the suspension felt smoother with more rebound. I guess I need to play with the clickers more to see what the differances are. I have always set the sag, and left the clickers at or near stock settings.