Sign in to follow this  

Severe rib pains

I keep getting these very bad pains in the middle of ribs. They started about 10 months ago during football season and now they keep coming back during my rough trail rides. At first it lasted for about 6 months, it hurt to lay flat on my stomach, lift either arm past level with my shoulder, breathe more than half a breath, laugh, cough, sneeze, but it didn't hurt to the touch. Now when I'm riding those same stabbing pains (still hurts to breathe) in the middle of my ribs occur even if I'm standing, and no its not those out-of-shape pains some people get. Once I stop riding though, in about an hour the pain completely goes away and it does hurt to move in any way, laugh, ect. I haven't been to a Doctor yet but these pains seem to be coming back more and more often and I would like to get these figured out before football season starts again. So, if anyone has any insight on pains like this I would greatly appreciate it.

That would be a REALLY good thing to do.

Also, I've had issues in the past of getting a rib out of place and well, it hurts like heck to breathe, cough, laugh, etc...and I had a chiro put it back in.

And then I married and ice pack for a couple days and it went away.

So, got to the doc and if he doesn't have any answers for you, try a chiropractor.