Sign in to follow this  

07 Yz450f Slight Miss Steady Throttle

This is my 2nd 07 YZ450F,at steady throttle 1/8 th and below there is a slight miss,more like a studder,my first one did this also..You can hear the sound out of your can also,it sounds like the hot start is partially open. Like tun tun tun tun. It has been talked on here plenty of times,the thing is on a MX TRACK it is tough to detect unless you are looking for it. I am a jetting fool,I love to jet and see the response,and when you are on it is a wonderful thing.I know my jetting! I know in my heart it was not the TPS CAUSING THIS,I knew it was jetting I went to a 50 pilot down to a 40,with the 40 is was a little better,but it felt like it was masking it up. I moved my needle up and down no result. I gave in and pulled the TPS CONNECTION I was chasing my tail all this time.I have read Eddie telling members on this board to disconnect the TPS for a while now.I am just blown away how it cleaned it up,I have a little testing ground behind my house. I was at it for 20 minutes trying to get it to studder,PROBLEM SOLVED. I am going to see if I need to correct my pilot or needle,but I wouldn't think so. Eddie thanks for the suggestion:thumbsup: ,wish I was not so stubborn,

completely seperate issue than jetting.

this is why i have people disconnect it to see if it cures the problem.if it does as you found out no amount of jetting will ever cure it.

Jetting stays the same,I did not loose or gain any power, it still runs the same without the studder which is excellent. TPS IS THE CULPRIT,NO DOUBT,it is not masking up a jetting problem it was the problem.Straight from the factory both 07's,the 250's do it also my 06 did it and my nephews 07 does it.

sorry for being a bit slow, what is the "Tps connection." im a zook man but have friends with crf 4 strokes. thanks.

Jetting stays the same,I did not loose or gain any power, it still runs the same without the studder which is excellent. TPS IS THE CULPRIT,NO DOUBT,it is not masking up a jetting problem it was the problem.Straight from the factory both 07's,the 250's do it also my 06 did it amd my nephews 07 does it.

its a yamaha cdi glitch.alot of people never notice it,but they all do it.